In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

which pellets for TC Triumph & Shockwave 250gr?

I've heard of the dreaded crud ring that Triple 7 pellets leave, does this occur with Pyrodex pellets too? Will be using a TC Triumph & Shockwave 250gr sabots?

Comments

• KatsteeKatstee Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The dreaded T7 crud ring can be cleaned with a little elbow grease. I wouldn't worry about it.
    I use 2 pellets (100 grains) of T7.
    You can also use TC Cheap shots (solid lead, 240grains, with sabot) for practice or hunting. If you want, you could use the Cheap Shots to sight in, until you get into the bullseye, then use the Shockwaves to finish sighting in. You'll save a lot of money on the bullets that way. Save the shockwave 250gr bullets for hunting. I've use the Cheap shots interchangeably with the Hornady 240gr XTP bullet for hunting. Both use the same sabot. Performance is better with the Hornady's, but I wouldn't hesitate using the Cheap Shots for hunting, they definitely work.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Either powder is going to leave the ring. 777 is much cleaner and easier to clean in my opinion. I heard in another ML forum that users contacted T/C about it and it was a problem with the shockwaves that they knew about. They lapped the bore and problem went away. I don't know how that fixed it?