In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Renegade 56 cal. SB

mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody have any load data for a 56 cal. smooth bore for shot? I know it's close to 28ga., found wads at Circle Fly, but no load info. Thanks.

Edit: Circle Fly did have the info on that, I just didn't look far enough.

Comments

• Options
    single actionsingle action Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had good luck on squirrels and cottontails using 70 gr ffg, a thick felt wad,then using the 70 gr measure, measuring out that amount of 6's or 7 1/2's and a card wad.
    I also use 70 gr ffg and a .535 round ball which give me about a 3-4" group at 50 yards. I think that group would tighten up a bit with a .545 round ball, but I have not tried it yet.
  • Options
    mackcranemackcrane Member Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by single action
    I have had good luck on squirrels and cottontails using 70 gr ffg, a thick felt wad,then using the 70 gr measure, measuring out that amount of 6's or 7 1/2's and a card wad.
    I also use 70 gr ffg and a .535 round ball which give me about a 3-4" group at 50 yards. I think that group would tighten up a bit with a .545 round ball, but I have not tried it yet.

Thanks, sounds good to me.