In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Nicanor Kendall Harmonica Rifle

anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
I'm interested in Underhammer muzzle loaders and I saw four of them at the Marlboro Gun Show in Massachusetts this weekend. One was ugly to the max, another was OK and two were beautiful beyond words.

The Nicanor Kendall Harmonica Rifle took the prize! For $12,000 it was a bit out of my range. Anybody ever seen one of these guns? The one I saw was serial number 94. Where should I look for more info. I just found the website for "The Underhammer Society. Interesting stuff!

Comments

• FLHMAN73FLHMAN73 Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to Windsor v.t. and visit the percusion museum on main st.
    That is where the gun was probably made and they have some info there about Hilliard and Kendall but not much on earlier stuff made by Asa Story.
    I have a Asa Story underhammer and have had little luck finding out much about him or the gun. Most of the history starts when Kendall apprenticed for him starting in the are of about 1835.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Marlbor a few years ago I saw the same Nicanor Kendall Harmonica Rifle! For $12,000 it is a work of art, but for me too, it was a bit out of my range. He even let me handle it ... awesome! I didn't even know that type of long gun existed.