In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

T/C Cheap Shot Sabots

kazookazoo Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
Anyone know who makes the non jacketed hollow point lead bullets in the T/C Cheap Shot sabots? Or anyone who makes something similar? I have a bunch of the B-O-W sabots in 50 cal and wanted to try some of the soft lead bullets instead of the jacketed XTP bullets. Thanks

Comments

• anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use them and they work great in my T/C Omega 50.
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    I used them year before last for targeting practice. Late in the season I had a few left, but no other MZ bullets. Used them to take a nice doe. Left two holes, and blew the heart apart. Worked well over a 100 grains of 777. Didn't get a chance to MZ hunt this past year. Will use them next year on game, hopefully.
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kazoo
    Anyone know who makes the non jacketed hollow point lead bullets in the T/C Cheap Shot sabots? Or anyone who makes something similar? I have a bunch of the B-O-W sabots in 50 cal and wanted to try some of the soft lead bullets instead of the jacketed XTP bullets. Thanks

Cabelas has a saboted lead bullet that they slapped their name on. They also have one that is polymer tipped.
  • KatsteeKatstee Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would you even bother looking for the maker of the TC Cheap Shots? The Price of the Cheap Shots is so low it doesn't make sense. Just buy the Cheap Shots and use them with your B-O-W sabots. You can always use the black sabots that come with the Cheap Shots for the Hornady XTP bullets, you already have.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what caliber your using but i'll guess .50 cal. I would think if your wanting to use a different bullet with the sabots you have, you could look at pistol reloading suppliers. There would have to be someone making HP lead bullets. I think .420-.451 would be the size bullets you want. BUT, be sure to see what size your sabots take. 50 cal ML bullets can use .44 or .45 bullets with the sabots.

Hornady .44cal SWC HP(.430) is one I think you maybe able to use.

I don't load .44cal or .45cal pistol ,but if you posted this question on the reloading forum i'll bet some of the experienced members could rattle off a few 44/45 HP lead bullets for you.

I have a friend that sweares by Harvester sabots. He uses them in his Savage ML with smokeless powder, don't remember what bullets he uses.
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lyman has some .44cal HP lead bullets too
  • deerslayer3deerslayer3 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    rimrockbullets.net
    Lead Bullets for ML's
    .44cal 185gr SWC-HP FB (.430)
    $50/500

.44cal 240gr SWC-HP (.430)
    $31/100
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used T/C Cheap Shot sabots in my Omega 50 in-line, and I think they work great and they cost a whole lot less!
  • glockman40swglockman40sw Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the TC mag express sabots with the xtp bullet sold by TC and they perform very well. They are cheaper than most others also.