In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

777 Powder

CSI21CSI21 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
What is the advantage to 777 Powder over black powder and Pyrodex. My only experience is with black powder and Pyrodex in rifles. Looking to start shooting BP or a sub in my SAA pistols. I just learning about this stuff, been stuck with military and law enforcement firearms most of my life.
Thanks
RVG

Comments

• Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Availability. Fewer and fewer stores are carrying real BP because it is classfied as an explosive where sythetic replacements, such as 777 and Pyrodex, are classified as flammables. My local gun store just last month announced they would cease carrying real BP because of all of the storage and recordkeeping requirements.
    If you can get BP, might as well use it. If not, both 777 and Pyrodex can be shot. [:D]
  • Options
    CSI21CSI21 Member Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you,
    Does 777 replace by weight or by volume, or some other way? Is it just as corrosive as bp or not, just trying to figure out where to start. My 15 year old can of Pyrodex RS is still around just not sure of stability after all this time.
    Thanks for your help
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure about 777 but I use Pyrodex on a volume for volume match and it works pretty good.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1