In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

TC New Englander

44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
I just picked one of these up cheap. It is in VG condition. I had never noticed this model. I really like the round barrel and it has a very good set of adjustable sights on it. I am assuming that TC Maxi Balls would work well in this rifle, but anyone with first hand knowledge of shooting this model, your input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, T/C maxi-balls or conical lead bullets will work best because it has 1 turn in 48 rifling. You will have to use loose powder because pellets dont ignite well in non inline designs. Nice rifles.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the reply. All I use is loose powder. I only have one inline but have (and had) many side locks so I'm used to that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I took this out shooting last Friday. I used TC Maxiballs 325 grain over 90 grains of 2F 777. Elevation was dead on at 50 yards, I had to adjust sights to move POI to the right. Then I fired 3 shots standing offhand and they were all in the black (8 inch circle). I really liked it, pretty nice little rifle.
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do not have the rifle, but I do have this model in a 12 gauge shotgun. It is very well made, as are all TC products, and is just fun to shoot and squirrel hunt with.