In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fastest Gun Alive competition

andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
TOday on the Outdoor Channel, Shooting USA is broadcasting the one hour show they made of the Cowboy Fast Draw Competition in Fallon, NV last October. They put it on at noon, Pacific time, and will do it again at 5 PM and 9 PM Pacific. I was there in person and it was a lot of fun. I'm hoping they captured the event accurately. [:D]

Comments

• Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen video clips of Bob Munden, is he still alive and shooting?
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bob Munden & "Cisco Kid"(Impossible Shots) are both wicked fast with a 6 gun.

I've saw videos of Bob shooting a single action twice that looks like one shot.[:0][:0]
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    TOday on the Outdoor Channel, Shooting USA is broadcasting the one hour show they made of the Cowboy Fast Draw Competition in Fallon, NV last October. They put it on at noon, Pacific time, and will do it again at 5 PM and 9 PM Pacific. I was there in person and it was a lot of fun. I'm hoping they captured the event accurately. [:D]

Was watching that the other day. There was a kid shooting against an older fellow. The kid won as his shots hit the target.

I first thought they were shooting blanks till I noticed the targets.

What kind of ammo are they using?
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hard Wax bullets....I caught the same episode too.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam
    Hard Wax bullets....I caught the same episode too.

Ah thanks!
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Standard pistol primer and about 2.5 grains of 777 with a wax bullet. You can see some of the details about the equipment and the ammo at their web site www dot cowboyfastdraw dot com.
    That fourteen year old was FAST. That's the first time I've seen a kid take that championship. The targets are 24" in diameter and 21' away. You get a command to "set" then you wait for the light in the center to come on at a random time. That starts a timer at 1/1000 second accuracy. You have to draw and shoot one shot. The timer stops IF a bullet hits anywhere on that plate. So, not always does the fastest draw win the match. You have to be quick, yes, but accuracy trumps speed. Like Quick Cal, the Director said, "Speed is fine. Accuracy is final." That Oregon Kid was both fast and accurate. The crowd in the bleachers was rooting him on big time. The TV didn't pick up the sound too well but that whole grandstand was vibrating from the foot stomping. LOL Great fun.