In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thompson Center

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
One of my sons friends has a thompson center new englander .50 cal. I told him I can take a look at it. I need one thimble and the three screws for the bridle plus the wedge pin. I have the bridle screw at the muzzle that's countersunk. I checked numrich,dixie works and of course gunbroker then feebay with no luck. Numrich has a thimble but that will not do me much good without the other parts.
Any help is appreciated! [:)]

Comments

• Options
    1935Lee1935Lee Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    years ago I needed a part for my 54 cal, all it took was a letter to Thompson and here came the part free of charge. Would that work today??[?]
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I would at least try Thompson Center first. They may not list parts, but if you could find the right person there, I'd bet they have some NOS.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 44caliberkid
    Yes, I would at least try Thompson Center first. They may not list parts, but if you could find the right person there, I'd bet they have some NOS.

good luck with that, I have tried to get a frizzen for a thompson renegade flintlock, smith and wesson bought out thompson center and are not honoring the older guns lifetime warranty or stocking or making any more parts, or so I was told on the phone from a customer service rep...[V] hope you have better luck.
  • Options
    44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess that life time warranty was the "lifetime" of Warren Center.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took several weeks to get back up parts for a TC Hawken, I expect getting parts for anything out of production will require finding a parts rifle.