In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

white muzzleloader

daddytdaddyt Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
I have been shooting White ML for a few years.Just resently saw a White with a Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel.Has anyone ever seen or shot one of these? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    daddytdaddyt Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who owns a White Super 91, 50 caliber, muzzleloader who wishes to sell it but has no idea of what they are worth or bringing today. It is about 90-95% condition and comes with White bullets and is equipped with bases and rings. Does anyone out there have any idea of what he should ask for it?
    Thanks for all your help.
    Terry
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,240 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know that White makes [made] great muzzleloaders.
    They have a reputation for quality and accuracy. Eight years ago I was looking to buy one, it was frustrating.
    I got the list of nearby White dealers from the White web site.
    I called the closest one, this gun shop had never heard of White muzzleloaders. He thought I was making a joke.

I called another store on the list. He said, that he used to be a dealer, but hadn't had a White in his store for over a year. Told me the company went bankrupt.

And so it went, after 2 months I still had not even seen a White. The company claimed to be in business, some guys on the internet said they were out of business.

Anyway I talked to lots of guys on the internet who loved their White rifles. I guess Doc White was not much of a businessman. I wound up buying a Savage muzzleloader.

If your friend can find someone who knows about and appreciates these
    guns I am sure he can sell it, I wish him well.
  • Options
    Auto-5Auto-5 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most Whites I see advertised for $300 to $350. I saw a Whitetail 504 for sale at $415. I bought it months later for $325 shipped with rings, 2 sets of bases, Williams peep, and 100 No Excuses 460 conicals.

Blued versions seem to go for less.

Very good condition ones sell the others sit.

A White Whitetail 451 in fair condition with a pitted barrel is currently offered elsewhere at $225 shipped. Too much in my opinion for what most guys interested in a White would consider a parts gun.

Whites are a niche gun with a small but dedicated following and the Super 91 is one of the most evolved models and a very nice rifle.

I'd try a reserve auction at $325 with a buy it now of $350 and very good photos.

Tony
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's the website for White Muzzle Loading: http://whitemuzzleloading.com/

Doc White has a couple of Muzzle Loaders for sale on GunBroker as well:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=20423

I've extended an Olive Branch to Doc White and invited him to join our little forums...
    Maybe he'll come in and check us out...
    I think it would be neat to have another gun builder amongst our midst. [;)]

Anyways... I was curious and sought his work out...
    Figured you guys would be as interested as I was too. [;)]