In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Double Barrel Black Powder Pistol Recommendations?

5282jt5282jt Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
OK, Thanks. I thought maybe some came with shorter barrels or longer barrels and that, that would affect pattern / distance / accuracy? Or a particularly well made one would outshoot the others?
I read somewhere that the Howdah was like tops in dbl barrel guns?
Thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes there may be some difference in barrell length, but over the matter of an inch or two I can't see it improving the pattern enough to ever use it for anything more than plinking/fun.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That Howdah is a beauty! I would love to have one.
    Expensive.
  • Options
    5282jt5282jt Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, I have seen pictures of it!
    That's why I made this post, hoping someone could say [ for instance] the Howdah is the undisputed top of the line "double" black powder pistol. 2nd would be the BLANK and 3rd the Blank"
    That sort of help. :-)
    I am wondering about a Corsair Jager Double, that I have a chance to buy? I don't know anything about the quality or value and can't find anything online about it-except 1 post that said it was not very thick steel it is made out of. I "THINK" it's a 1960's gun?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    s7_216598_imageset_01.jpg

The bad * Howdah is made by Pedersoli. Pedersoli has a reputation for making very high quality guns.
    I don't know anyone who has had one but I bet you that is one fine pistol. I would just love to have one.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,953 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are a big bucks trucker Allen, what is the hold up?[}:)] Gitche one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Damn, HeDog you are right! Lots of money in the bank.
    Don't go putting ideas in my head please I am trying to be responsible.

For me "responsible" means buying an old model BMW motorcycle.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll tell you what, Dale, I will get the motorcycle AND the Howdah, and will form the North Carolina Mountain Cavalry.

I'll load that Howdah with a pair of .58 round balls and carry it in a saddle scabbard I will loaded for bear!
  • Options
    BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    During the American Civil War, did any of the troops use something similar to the Howday? It seems like it would have been a natural on the battlefield for quick backup at close quarters.