In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Knight Muzzleloaders

pirate2501pirate2501 Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
How is this brand for a newbie in muzzleloading ?

Comments

• Options
    kshockkshock Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Once a King, always a King...but once a Knight is enough :) Couldn't resist. I have Cva's, Traditions and a Knight (Vision). I love that gun. It is the easiest to use and maintain of the ones I own and I would not hesitate to recommend one to a friend. My brother liked mine so well he bought one too. I think you would like it if you ended up with one.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have owned thompson centers, CVA, the knight rolling block I have is the only one I can split holes with... only thing is I have a pursuit also and it is easier to clean..... there is good and bad in both, main thing is to find one and then go shoot and have fun...........
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a T/C Hawken & a CVA inline.

I can shoot small soup cans all day with my CVA at 150yrds.

Never had a Knight,never will. I never was fond of their ignition system and saftey they had back when. I don't know what they have now a days?
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I owned a Knight Bighorn rifle and did not like it. It would only group if the barrel was cleaned between shots. Without cleaning its shallow groove rifling "filled"(crudring?), and the bullet was seated out about 1/4 inch further towards the muzzle with each shot. It grouped terribly after two shots. I have a friend with a $99.00 Traditions Lightning, he would shoot 25 times accuratly without cleaning(same powder and bullet). My T/C Omega will do the same.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Knights have a good reputation for accuracy.

Is the business still Kaput or have they come back into business.
  • Options
    festusfestus Member Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a BK 92 Black Knight and have taken several deer with it. It is very lightweight and accurate. The only thing with this rifle is the safety system takes a little getting used to. It has for lack of better desciption, a double safety system where one operates as a normal safety would by just pushing the safety forward to the fire position and the other is the part on the bolt itself that if screwed all the way forward will prevent the bolt from striking the percussion cap. It can be left screwed all the way back to deactivate this system, but I never used it this way as I always liked the thought of the extra protection that it provides and it never did cost me a deer.
  • Options
    BergtrefferBergtreffer Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two Thompsen Centers, one .50 and one .58, and a Zouave .58. Only have shot a soda cane with the .50, and it made an impressive hole. Shot a nice Virginia 4-point with the .58 Zouave, using a Civil War mini ball, and it was amazing - took the deer plumb off his feet and threw him down into a ravine. There is amazing power in the .58.