In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HS reunion, Question

2»

Comments

• Options
    yblockheadyblockhead Member Posts: 943 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to my 20th, 30th and 35th. Had a good time at all. The best compliment that I got from one of the girls that wouldn't give me the time of day back then was that I had two things going for me over most of the guys in the room..........All of my hair and a Job!
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There were only around 60 kids in my class (1985). As of yet we have not had a reunion.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a good idea in my opinion.
    What's next?
  • Options
    lew07lew07 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reunions are a strange business.The first ones every one tells You their good news."im getting married", Im starting My first job", Wife is expecting first baby".As We get older things start to go wrong.The last one I went to it had become "Ive been made redundant", My wife left Me" "Did You know ---- died." I dont go to them any more but the first few were good.
  • Options
    lew07lew07 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yblockhead
    I went to my 20th, 30th and 35th. Had a good time at all. The best compliment that I got from one of the girls that wouldn't give me the time of day back then was that I had two things going for me over most of the guys in the room..........All of my hair and a Job!

[:D]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 17tobyracing
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Went to the 10 year reunion but skipped the rest so far.

The folks I want to keep in touch with I keep in touch with.

Same situation, but I only went to my 25th...

Don't get me wrong. Fine memories of High School, and not ill feeling towards anyone. Graduated in a class of 25 people, and (sadly?) have very little in common with all but a couple anymore.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Attended a 30 yr reunion- military. We were tight friends then, and still are. We had a great time, and stay in touch by internet.

High School reunion? Fugedaboudit. [B)]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had 643 kids in our graduating class. Only Three have died.One girl I didn't know from cancer and one guy, that was an assistant county prosecutor, that was stabbed to death while taking money out of an atm, on South street in Philadelphia. His name was Ricky Barber, and he was like by everybody from the druggies to the Jocs. Just an all around good guy that liked everyone. The last one was a very, very close personal friend of mine and someone I dated. Her name was Dorthy Little. She died in a car accident, six months after graduation. She rolled her jeep coming home from work. Fell asleep behind the wheel and rolled it down an embankment. Nothing left of her. Saddest day of my life, ever.

I graduated 97th in my class,with honors, but never went to graduation or my prom. I told them to just mail my diploma, Which they did. That was my biggest regret not letting my parents see me graduate. My mom never let me forget this.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Not been to one of them. Almost went to the 4oth knew one person that I knew in school. But when he decided not to go so did I.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't been to one yet, but I think I will go one of these years. I was always in a weird spot in school. I loved sports, so I hung out with the "jocks", got great grades, so I hung out with some "nerds", and loved shop classes and hunting, so I hung out with the "go-getters."

I had a teacher that made a quote I will never forget. It went something like this: "10 years from now, your best friends will not be in this room. Get used to it and look out for yourself now. Study, work hard, and push yourself." I don't fully disagree with this quote. Actually, the back half of it is quite good, but the problem with me, is that she lost me with the front half. 3 of my best friends(and I am the type who doesn't just call anyone a friend) are fellas I went to high school with. So that teacher can KMA! [;)]

Jon
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only reunion I went to was a 1st grade reunion. A bunch of us kids that started school in 1955 got together in 1985 for a 30 year reunion at the old grammar school before it was torn down. Those were the only kids that I liked while going to school. There was about 20 of us that spent about 7 hours a day together in the same room for 8 school years and we were pretty good friends all the way through. After that we were split up going to several different high schools and not many of us saw much of each other after the 8th grade.

In 1997 I moved to Deatsville, AL and was surprised to find one of the girls that started school with me in the 1st grade class was living less than 2 miles from me in Deatsville. Here we were in a program in the 1st grade. I was King and she was Queen of the 1st grade. I didn't want my picture taken with a girl back then and you can see me leaning away. [:D]

17bb2dc8-ba29-41ec-87e7-a391b5f7a765_zpszeapxdbn.jpg
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    Okie MomOkie Mom Member Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think you will find the longer you have been out of school the better the reunions are. The first few years people just 'want to impress'. After 15-20 years they aren't that way so much.
    We were told that our class would never have a reunion because we were just not the type of class to do such things. Well, we have had a reunion every 5 years and all of them organized by the same gal. She will be getting a signature quilt with every class members name for all the work she has done over the years.
  • Options
    jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to the 25 year reunion of my high school graduation many years ago. I must admit it was a bitter sweet event. Thomas Wolf was right, you can't go home again. There were 997 in that class.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is the reason for a High School Reunion?....Most of them are dead in my class....900 graduated....