In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ever Shoot a Perfect Score

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Standing Records since 1957 Police Match

Shooting .22 cal. National Match course with a no alibi rule, which one shot a PERFECT score
-
(a)1 shooter 300-30X-
(b)2 team shooters- 600-60X
(c)5 team shooters 1500-150X-

Did u ever shoot a PERFECT SCORE-(we would like to hear about it)

National Record
B D HARMON USA 300 24X -10/10/1981 (latest)

No one shot a Perfect Score in the National Match Course in 57 years at this match.
The less shooters the less room for errors
BUT
In Harrisburg, PA. Walt Wise Police Memorial in 2003 at a two day match Paul Stathis shot .22 & CF for a Grand Aggregate 3600-270X
Out of a possible 3600-360X

For two days he shot all 10's with 90 bullets walking out of the X ring

Amazing

fin-5.0-Standing-Records_zpsgn914hff.gif

Comments

• Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've done it many many times. 10-1X. Hey my matches consist of one shot only [:)]
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On "Duck Hunt" as a kid a few times [;)]
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Harry Reeves - Detroit PD?
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,341 ******
    edited November -1
    The last time I even attempted it was with my Crosman 760. I'd just gotten done flame polishing the lands on the rifling inside the barrel, and was anxious to test it out.

Target was 756 yards with a 30 mph crosswind and I was shooting off hand under an open shelter. I yelled Hey 35 Whelen, hold my beer!. He took it and took a swill. Damn buzzard always backwashes.

Anyway, I put the first .177 pellet right on the bull, off center by less than 0.001".

"Damn! I missed it a bit," I said

"Looks like a good hit to me -burp- see if you can correct a bit with the next shot!" 35 Whelen yelled back.

It had started hailing by that point and the target was getting fuzzy.

I leveled the ol' iron sights at the target and donned my spectacles.

It was just starting to get a bit hazy.

I adjusted my aim for the wind and elevation drop, when I remembered I needed to pump the air chamber.

"Damnit!"

10 and exactly 1 half pumps later, I was back on target. Thankfully, by now I had the occasional lightning bolt to illuminate the target as it was gettin' on towards twilight.

"Hurry up!" 35 Whelen yelled, "We're outta beer in the cooler!"

I squeezed that trigger ever so slightly, cursing the damn creep of it, when it touched off the air sear and I watched the round sail off toward the x-ring.

"You missed it!" 35 yells out.

"The hell I did!" I said.

We then proceeded to make the trek to retrieve the target.

As we idled up to it, we both stood cockeyed there for a moment and soaking wet.

There it was: just the one hole, oblonged a bit -ever so slightly- to the left.

"Gonna have to correct the ol' sights, I guess" 35 Whelen said.

"I suppose so." I said.

Damn the luck of it.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I remember when I was shooting PPC matches about 35 years ago, Jim Collins shot a perfect 1500 in National match. I got to meet him at a gun show. All X's for 150 shots.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not in Bulleye. No way!! The last Glock match I shot I did back to back possibles (perfect scores) which isn't all that special. Years ago when I shot PPC matches I shot a good many 595 or better scores but never a 600. I think my best was a 598. I had third high score in the country shooting standing small bore metallic silhouette one year long ago. Eyes are shot now.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope. I've hit all possible at the 500 yd line a couple times though.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    targets have ten shots so I have scored 100 on a number of targets even back to back a few times Best National match course THREE targets best 297 out of 300 all three targets 99 But did score Andy Moody 300 19 X national match course He was on my left and I was shooting well we were shooting slow fire looked after my third shot and Andy was taking his gun down and scrubbing the bore of the Barrel my thought was he is having gun trouble after my fifth shot Andy stepped off the line and smoked a Cigarette in 3 drags then long after I had finished my 10 shots with a 97 4X I look and andy again is gun apart scrubbing bore. he finished his 10 shots and I grinned and pointed at the Eye piece of my spotting scope he came over looked at my target and gave me thumbs up we still had about one minute time left he waited about another 45 seconds and pointed at his scope eye piece . WTH I looked and he had 100 with 9 x he then shot the time fire easiest target 100 but only one X then rapid fire 100 9 X tied the record I had story almost a record on google for years under my name Karl woerner I also scored Brian ZINS 2679 out of 2700 so out of 270 shots he had 21 NINES
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a few clean shoots (no misses) during Cowboy Action matches, and several perfect 25's during trap season, but that's about it.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    onepopperonepopper Member Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Placed second in the all Navy National Match at Annapolis in I think 1970. Shot a 298 6x, at 6 hundred yards, first shot at 600 yards was an eight, then 19 consecutive x's and tens. The mirage was running 4 to five clicks. That score at 6 hundred held range record for a couple of years. This was a Navy Garand chambered for 7.62 NATO. The closest I came to a perfect score.
  • Options
    walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    My wife is training me for these on-line air gun shoots
    I'm always bitching to her about these old goats beating me with bb guns.
    So she gave me this exercise to do
    She said, concentrate on one spoke and see how many times you can follow it around.
    She said when you get to 10 you will whip their *.
    10, hell I can't get 1

fin-0.0-master-shooter-A_zpsnpyupc4z.gif
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot 40/40 a several time on the M16 ranges in the Army.

Does that count? [;)]
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a perfect hunting record one season, 1 shot 1 kill.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    The last time I even attempted it was with my Crosman 760. I'd just gotten done flame polishing the lands on the rifling inside the barrel, and was anxious to test it out.

Target was 756 yards with a 30 mph crosswind and I was shooting off hand under an open shelter. I yelled Hey 35 Whelen, hold my beer!. He took it and took a swill. Damn buzzard always backwashes.

Anyway, I put the first .177 pellet right on the bull, off center by less than 0.001".

"Looks like a good hit to me -burp- see if you can correct a bit with the next shot!" 35 Whelen yelled back.

I adjusted my aim for the wind and elevation drop, when I remembered I needed to pump the air chamber.

"Damnit!"

10 and exactly 1 half pumps later, I was back on target. Thankfully, by now I had the occasional lightning bolt to illuminate the target as it was gettin' on towards twilight.

I squeezed that trigger ever so slightly, cursing the damn creep of it, when it touched off the air sear and I watched the round sail off toward the x-ring.

As we idled up to it, we both stood cockeyed there for a moment and soaking wet.

"I suppose so." I said.

Damn the luck of it.

Well, that was with a Crosman 760. Pretty high tech. Now if you had used a Daisy Red Ryder, that would be sumthin.

[;)][:D]
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does hitting the target count as perfect
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,686 ******
    edited November -1
    When I was a kid, my dad gave me a nickel and a penny to buy six .22 bullets.
    I came home with 6 squirrels.
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know the discussion is Pistol, rifle and air rifles
    shot perfect 20 0n Columbaire pigeons at TAPA shoots in
    Texas 2003 and 2005
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    shot a hundred straight in a local skeet tournament in 1977[^] Never did it again though.[V]
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,341 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dads3040
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

"Damnit!"

"I suppose so." I said.

Damn the luck of it.

Well, that was with a Crosman 760. Pretty high tech. Now if you had used a Daisy Red Ryder, that would be sumthin.

[;)][:D]
    I'd try it but it's 35Whelen's turn to bring the beer, and we both know that ain't gonna happen.[:I]
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on the definition...

I have shot "possibles" in prone small bore rifle competition at 50 and 100 yds (eg a 400 out of 400 or 800 out of 800)

Never had a perfect score - eg a 400 out of 400 with 40 X's

I have done 100 in a row in registered trap shoots...

Mike