In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Habicht SxS shotgun parts?

IrisMIrisM Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
Hello All.

I need a source for parts for Habicht brand side by side shotguns. I'm told that Habicht might have been a "house brand" sold by retailers in Europe. I have not located an exploded drawing for the Habicht brand, but I have seen drawings for another brand called Richland Arms. The Richland parts appear to be nearly identical to that of the Habicht gun I have. Perhaps the same manufacturer?
Thanks for any help!
vr,
"IrisM"

Comments

• Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the 1960s Habicht contracted with a spanish shotgun maker to make s/s shotguns to be sold in Germany under the Habicht name. The shotguns were of good quality generally 12 ga. The guns were engraved had pistol grips and were hand checkered. The forend was a beaver tail and also hand checkered the stocks generally had a raised cheek piece. The gun had a side lock and was double triggered. Closest match today would be the Aya. Look at the proof marks on the barrel for the spanish manufactured shotguns will have Spanish proof marks.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should