In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

High Standard Sport King .22 semi-auto pistol

338magnut338magnut Member Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in Ask the Experts
Anyone tell me what series of H.S. Sport King this pistol is I see them series numbered from series 100 thru series 107 ? I know pictures would be good but I have no way to do them. Description on left side of the pistol says .22 long rifle on the barrel and Sport King on the slide. The right side has serial number 2458909 on the slide and on the frame and High Standard Mfg Corp Hamden. Conn. U.S.A. on the barrel. Also anyone tell when it was made ? Any info is always appreciated

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    It's way easier now to post a pic than it was. I think the serial # is 1974.

added Thank you John.
  • Options
    rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    I agree with Charlie it's a late Sport King, (They dropped the Sport King name, and started selling it as the Sharpshooter), from the mid 70's. Just prior to H-S, changing their serial numbering system, also.

Unfortunately, H-S was going down the tubes, during this time frame,(mid 70's-mid 80's). They finally went belly up, in 1984.
  • Options
    John StimsonJohn Stimson Member Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    338magnut wrote:
    Anyone tell me what series of H.S. Sport King this pistol is I see them series numbered from series 100 thru series 107 ? I know pictures would be good but I have no way to do them. Description on left side of the pistol says .22 long rifle on the barrel and Sport King on the slide. The right side has serial number 2458909 on the slide and on the frame and High Standard Mfg Corp Hamden. Conn. U.S.A. on the barrel. Also anyone tell when it was made ? Any info is always appreciated

You have a 103 series Sport King.

This gun shipped as a catalog number 9201 (6.75" barrel) with key serial number 2,458,916 on 9/25/1974 to account number 017403 on invoice number 13190-4.

The Sport King had the second highest production of all High Standard pistols . Second to the Dura-Matic and significantly higher than the third place Model H-D Military. The Sport King was made in the lever name series the 100 series, the 102 series, the 103 series, the 107 series, and the 108 series.
  • Options
    John StimsonJohn Stimson Member Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    rufesnow wrote:
    I agree with Charlie it's a late Sport King, (They dropped the Sport King name, and started selling it as the Sharpshooter), from the mid 70's. Just prior to H-S, changing their serial numbering system, also.

Unfortunately, H-S was going down the tubes, during this time frame,(mid 70's-mid 80's). They finally went belly up, in 1984.

The Sport King production was suspended at the end of 1969 and production resumed in September 1973. Production continued until February 1977. The Sport King was reintroduced as a 107 series in September 1978 and continued until the company closed. The Sharpshooter was introduced in 1971 as a replacement for the 103 series Tournament even thought the early ones were made by converting 1969 Sport Kings.