In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pouring Rain - Freezing Temps expected.

KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in General Discussion
Supposed to be around 26? tonight. (Been in the mid 70's all day.) Windows open earlier. Fire prepped, ready to go.

Should be one hell of an Ice Storm.

If it let's up, I am going to go pull my wipers away from my windshield, on my Jeep. I anticipate a frozen bunch of goodness, around 4:30 am when I am off to work.

Comments

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,686 ******
    edited November -1
    Winter Storm Bessie
    But it?s not Winter.
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    calling for lows in 20's through the first of the week, highs only in 40's for day, and like you said it was almost 70 today and rainy all day, gonna be a lot of sick folks middle of next week..........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Success!

Just came in with the dog (Buddy) from pulling the windsheild wipers away from the vehicles. Got soaked, but it was worth it, compared to what I would have encountered in the AM, at O' dark thirty. Wipers stuck to the windshield.

I have a hard time believing it will get to 26? tonight.

Same for the next four nights. 26-28?. Have a decent amount of wood inside. Not nearly enough prepped for the long haul, Winter.

Have to get on it.

I am thinking I will just bite the bullet, and get a load of split hardwood delivered. (First time, in a long time.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, the wind and the rain just stopped. (Because I just came back inside.) [After] Getting soaked.

I guess the Temps, will plummet now.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Write this down and put it on the frigerator door: When it rains outside and especially if it's cold too I should go inside BEFORE I get wet.