In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Prez in in

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Af Gan A Stan.

Comments

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw that.

They should give him some time on the M2 or a MK19.
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    I think he went there to collude.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sam I was thing yesterday that it would be cool if Trump could just meet with some enlisted combat troops and relax and have conversations and see what they had on their minds. But on hindsight I doubt any enlisted man would ever tell a president anything he didn't think he wanted to hear.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I met Bush a few times, Reagan and Bush #1 several times. They shook my hand once. They never asked my opinion on anything though.

One time we did a demo for Bush 1. It was a live fire and me and another guy were snipers shooing 2 sentry's with suppressed M21's. We were all cammoed up and in Gilli Suites. We had to low crawl about 10m to out firing position. I looked up and there was a SS agent next to us with an UZI :lol:

John O Marsh was a great guy, he was Reagans Sec of the Army. He pinned my CIB on after Grenada.

It looks like they have some nice chow halls now. When I was there in 2001 and 2002 there wasn't much of anything except where the big shots stayed.

I am glad Trump went there. Its where he should be especially when he has guys deployed and fighting.
    RLTW

• Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I enjoy reading about your military career tidbits, Sam.
    What's next?
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,686 ******
    edited November -1
    He wants to build a golf course with the worlds biggest sand trap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    kimi wrote:
    I enjoy reading about your military career tidbits, Sam.

Kimi your welcome. After 25 years I could tell a million story's.

I heard Reagan's speech at Point Du Hoc on the 40th anniversary of D-Day. It was the best speech I have ever heard and it made me so proud to be in the Military. I was on my last 6 months of my enlistment and I think it was his speech that decided me to re-up and stay in.

Reagan really supported the Military too bad he was not a friend of Gun Owners.

When the Prez came to the war zones they always come to the big bases for security, my unit was always based kind of in the sticks. Now our O's would go to see the man but we were doing other stuff.

One thing I remember Orders came down to cease operations cause they didn't want anyone killed while he was there :lol: I guess the rest of the time it was OK.
    RLTW

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The High Security Underground Base, (ANMCC) Alternate National Military Command Center, I was stationed at, had VIP visits constantly. I met both Carter, and then Reagan.

Very Proud of POTUS Trump, being there for our Troops on Thanksgiving. You can say what you want about the guy - He cares more about out Troops than many, many past POTUS's.

I will be Voting for him. (Again.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I assume they don't fly Air Force One in there. Must be a pain moving a president in and out of a combat zone.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I assume they don't fly Air Force One in there. Must be a pain moving a president in and out of a combat zone.

He flew in some other aircraft and if I was betting it would have been a C-17 that was outfitted for him but it could have been something else.

Update

He flew in the second AF1. He left the other plane in FL. So he flew from FL to DC is some other Aircraft then go into the other 747 AF1 type plane and flew to AFG.
    RLTW

• Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the pre-visit is a gold medal job of trolling the fake news organizations. it was announced DJT was going to holiday in Miami, and the Anti-Trump news were frothing at the mouth waiting to run the story of this pres going to play golf and vacation at his hotel in miami.....the cameras all set up at the airport, awaitng AF1, it lands black SUV caravan pulls up. nobody gets out bwahahahahaDJT is already on the way to a-stan
  • Options
    discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1