In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gold just Broke 1800 Limit

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
 Thank the worlds Central Banks for this. Canada is the loser here in their liberal stupidity
                                                      serf

Gold COMEX (Aug'20) (@GC.1:CEC:Commodities Exchange Centre)

*Data is delayed | USD
Last | 12:39:13 PM EDT Volume
+18.80 (+1.0555%)

Comments

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Silver is 18.60 I figure with the premium I might could sell some I bought at 12 and break even LOL
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,166 ✭✭✭✭
    Yowsuh!   I bought 5 Krugerrands three years ago for $1200.   I made 3 Grand!
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭
    I know where you can get 83 tons of gold ingots cheap...(just search for it.)
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
    edited June 2020

I dislike the stock market.  I don't even know what it is.
    I am a Neanderthal Man.  I got the DNA run on 23andme.com and I am 3 percent Neanderthal.  Some of the highest Neanderthal DNA ever tested for.
    When I was taking Anthropology courses in college,  years ago, the great question was "What happened to the Neanderthal Man?   Did he die off because of the Ice Age?  Did Modern Man hunters kill him off to extinction?  Or, perhaps, did Neanderthal Man interbreed with Modern Man?"  
    What happened to the Cave Man?     The great question for the Anthropologists, decades ago.
    Thanks to DNA testing, now we know.   I am the living Cave Man.

I like gold.  It is pretty.  It is heavy in the hand.  It is valuable.  I like to play with the gold.

ps  I was down at the house of the girlfriend's daughter in Atlanta for Christmas, several years ago.
    I had just gotten my DNA results back.  And I told the family, "This means I have some of the highest Neanderthal DNA ever tested for."
    The 13 year old grand son piped up,  "Well that explains a lot."

That quip still cracks me up.  The 9th Grade grandson had been studying Anthropology in high school.
    Oh well,  I say "If the shoe fits, Wear It."
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
     Strange? I too like meat stuck on a stick and placed over a fire.I wonder If I am A Neanderthal man too. B) My Mother had freckles and red hair also. Boy she sure could talk too!
                                                             serf
    After analysing the fossil bones found in a cave in north-west Spain, the experts concluded they had human blood group "O" and were genetically more likely to be fair skinned, perhaps even with freckles, have red or ginger hair and could talk.
  • MrMag00MrMag00 Member Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

I dislike the stock market.  I don't even know what it is.
    I am a Neanderthal Man.  I got the DNA run on 23andme.com and I am 3 percent Neanderthal.  Some of the highest Neanderthal DNA ever tested for.
    When I was taking Anthropology courses in college,  years ago, the great question was "What happened to the Neanderthal Man?   Did he die off because of the Ice Age?  Did Modern Man hunters kill him off to extinction?  Or, perhaps, did Neanderthal Man interbreed with Modern Man?"  
    What happened to the Cave Man?     The great question for the Anthropologists, decades ago.
    Thanks to DNA testing, now we know.   I am the living Cave Man.

I like gold.  It is pretty.  It is heavy in the hand.  It is valuable.  I like to play with the gold.

ps  I was down at the house of the girlfriend's daughter in Atlanta for Christmas, several years ago.
    I had just gotten my DNA results back.  And I told the family, "This means I have some of the highest Neanderthal DNA ever tested for."
    The 13 year old grand son piped up,  "Well that explains a lot."

That quip still cracks me up.  The 9th Grade grandson had been studying Anthropology in high school.
    Oh well,  I say "If the shoe fits, Wear It."
    Most people don't understand  Neanderthal Man.  I'm proud of my heritage.  :D

I'll hang on to my precious and semi precious metals. There is a good chance the financial market could collapse sooner than later, and silver, gold, copper, lead, platinum are all good hedges for that worst case scenario. 
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭
    You might want to consider gold Maple Leafs from the Royal Canadian Mint. The gold purity is way above that of the US eagles, SA Kugerands, etc. Many people are shocked to find out that their "gold" coins contain some copper or zinc. Not the Canadians. The quality of the mint work is the best in the world, and, for some reason, the seller's premium is lower than most others.
    I know the K-rands are 10 percent copper.  Still, they are beautiful.
    So the Canadian coins are pure gold?   Well, the only reason I don't buy 'em is I can't stand the picture of the Queen there, just don't like that likeness.