In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Damn!! What have they done to the mail man???

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Politics
I have been sending all handguns U.S. Priority mail for at least six years, and all long guns for the last year with no problems. Now suddenly I have three packages in the mail, one outgoing and two incoming that have basically just stopped somewhere for several days. Tracking reads: " In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."
The last know locations are all different.  They were  mailed from different locations at different times. That makes four in the last month. What the hell have the damn democraps done?? This is a very bad omen  as we near a Trump victory. There is no telling what they are willing to do to steal a win in November.

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Wife has had the same problem with fleabay items thru the USPS...
  • Options
    spasmcreeksrunspasmcreeksrun Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭
    i would guess tons more of stuff like consumer goods is moved by mail now to avoid contact with sales people and other life forms that may have the CHINA virus
  • Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    And the Gov't is going to fix it,
    Like they are fixing everything else. Them politicians (lawmakers as some call them, but mostly lawbreakers) get xhit on their elbow when trying to wipe. Now that takes talent.

• Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly I haven't had any issues with the USPS around here, and I have had a ton of packages coming in. I'm sure that I officially jinxed myself by saying that though!
    Also,.....just won a handgun on GB today that will be shipping USPS from AL in a few days. Hope that doesn't become my first issue.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I recently had a package shipped by DSL that came from China that made it to Chicago in 13 days and then it took 33 days for it to get from Chicago to Hampton, GA via the USPS. The USPS damaged the package and lost one of the items out of it. I got a note in the package that said the USPS had repackaged it. Would have been nice if they had repackaged everything. Lazy incompetent idiots! 

The modern day USPS is nothing more than another government welfare program for minorities. The only difference is they have to physically show up occasionally when they're not on sick or annual leave time. 
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    BobJudy said:
    You are seeing the results of affirmative action compounded by a unionized workforce. If you can't hire qualified people and then you can't fire the ones you are forced to hire, this is what you get. Bob
    I'm pretty sure you nailed it........... ;). My delivery person can't read  road signs nor read mailbox numbers......most look like homeless people....screw'em  :s

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I was speaking with a UPS driver and he was saying that nearly all shippers are pushed to the limit with the volume of business.So much that the loaders cant keep up with what is coming off the conveyer belt resulting in the packages piling up and getting damaged. 
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭
    It might just be that for decades the leadership at the United States Postal Service has been incompetent and part of the swamp........sucking at the teet of the government and mismanaged to the point of operating at a loss. 

Or it could be Trump slowing things down so mail in ballots are not received and counted on time..........roflmfao :D
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭✭
    Covid isn't helping 

• Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    Over a half a century ago USPS determined that it is less expensive to work employees over time than to hire more people. Last I heard Federal law limits working employees more than 11 1/2 hours per day. That limits labor resources.  USPS upper and middle management is famous for bone head action and non action. While USPS management was taking care of immediate personal needs UPS, FEDEX etal were growing. Now USPS has limited capital resources.  So USPS is unable to meet increased demand. It is 108 days to Christmas it would be a good idea to do any mail order Christmas shopping early.
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

I am about to ship a shotgun to a gun store in Lakewood, CO. to be recieved and transfered to my Son. This does not sound good.

Guess I better spring for the insurance.

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Black mailing the US Government for more dough to piss away that is all
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭
    I just had the same thing happen to me. Bought a barrel for an 870. Shipped on 8/17 from Indiana Priority 2 Day to be delivered in MD on 8/20. All was tracking well until the same messages started appearing. After 10 days I filed a missing package report. They jumped right on it and said the next day that it wasn't lost. It was just "In transit arriving late" It showed up on 9/4. Fedex is almost as screwed up. I prefer UPS as they have been the most consistent. 
  • Options
    Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    Setting the performance bar low so they can justify waiting months for all the mail-in ballots to arrive?  So they can keep counting and counting and counting until they get the "right" number.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭
    I knew it would fall apart after I retired.  Just couldn't get the job done without me. Sorry I'm not going back to clean up the mess.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    USPS bringing you yesterdays needs...

Tomorrow !
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,187 ✭✭✭✭
    what happened to the mailman???      He got moved to politics...........