In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

And it starts.

dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭

Biden to take a flurry of actions on gun control (msn.com)

I'm only surprised it took until April seventh. I honestly thought this would have started before Feb.1st.

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭

I am also surprised that it took this long.

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

Biden is a funny little man.

He states 'From the very beginning, certain people were not allowed to have guns.' Well, Joe, these people happened to have been slaves. Was this a law with which you agreed?

Idiot.

"Nothing I'm about to recommend in any impinges on the Second Amendment," Biden said. "These are phony arguments suggesting that these are Second Amendment rights at stake from what we're talking about."

No, Joe. This is yet another lie pumped into your empty head by the radical grabbers that your puppet masters have placed around you. Forcing registration of 'Ghost Guns' does nothing to reduce violence, and your handlers know it. I understand that you do not, and I pity you for that. Currently 'Ghost Guns' cannot legally be sold. If these are to be registered through an FFL, is it your position that the owners of these Ghost Guns can now legally sell them?

What have you changed with this executive overreach?

Again, I know you do not understand, but all that happens is the attempt to force a gun owner to tell your government stooges that he owns a particular firearm. How does this not impinge upon the right codified in the 2nd?

Idiot.

Red flag laws = extra-judicial depriving of personal property. Read the 4th Amendment, puppet. Due process of law is required to deprive any person of property.

Idiot.

Next we are going to go after 'Assault Weapons' and high capacity magazines. Well isn't that special you brain-dead fool. Read the 2nd Amendment. The prefatory clause states the goal as being the security of a free state. Not quite sure how your handlers can square the banning of the citizenry's best option of last resort in the defense of liberty with comportment with the 2nd Amendment. Again, I know full well you have no real idea of what you are being told to say and to sign, but on some level, we have not choice but to hold you responsible for what you are doing.

Idiot

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Well...at least he will have a friendly smile and a good attitude when he takes the guns away...he won't be all brash and hurt little feeling's like Trump did..

I am not sure I would think 'You're full of sh** reflects a good attitude', but, as they say, your mileage may vary.

Brad Steele
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

I am a little puzzled by the term ghost gun.

There are many "gun "kits sold freely across the country but am I wrong in saying they do not include a receiver?

Receivers are transferred just like a complete firearm. FFL holders are "supposed" to do the transfer on them.

Now whether the receiver is used to make a rifle or pistol is another issue but still the firearm is not a "ghost" gun.

I am sure some guns out there are carrying a firearm with an illegal home made receiver with no #'s but no law is going to change that, crooks will be crooks. That gun is illegal to begin with and carries a stiff punishment if you are caught with it.

Think 80% receiver, Butchdog. The receiver blank requires a defined amount of machining before it can function.

Brad Steele
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Amazing all these shooting occurring out of nowhere.

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

He's right about one thing. The way Heller, McDonald, and Miller shredded 2A, it is not an absolute right any more.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain

Don, does the 80% machined receiver have a # or only required after finishing?

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

They will go as far as they can to * the second amendment.. they have the power to do it..and they probably will.. hopefully they will let us keep a single shot shotgun and .22 rifle...I mean that is still bearing arms.. Right..??

• TexraidTexraid Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

No. The intent of the 80% receiver is to provide to a customer something that is not a firearm so that a person with a reasonable amount of skill can do what people in this county have done for 100s or years, which is to build their own firearms.

The law at present is that a person can build his or her own firearms for personal use, but they cannot sell them. Becoming a licensed manufacturer allows you to sell them and requires that you serialize every firearm you sell.

This executive order is designed not to prevent or limit gun violence, rather it is designed to force people to register previously legal and unregistered firearms.

There is no issue with 'Ghost Guns' being use in crimes. This EO is created only so government can track down guns that they currently do not know exist.

Brad Steele

Thank you much.