In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good news on Census

SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Politics

CA and NY losing House seats and TX and FL gaining House seats. Now the work begins to keep TX and FL from turning into blue states.

Comments

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

All we gotta do is get the good people of FL and TX to come to their census (snerk snerk) and VOTE!

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately that is were they are moving and voting the same way from what they're running from 15 years ago my street was almost all conservative this election the whole street was nothing but Biden signs except for one other house that tried to keep a Trump that would last about 2 days before it was stolen

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I will never get the sheeple leaving because they do not like the rules and politician's they put in place only to move and start the same crap all over

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

who will lose the ny seat ?????

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******
    edited April 2021

I think the whole census story is just a ploy to welcome in our open borders to the south.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I will bet many lawsuits will be hitting the courts from the dem controlled states ( well all the states who lost support regardless of party )

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

Well, the libs did it to Colorado. They called it the Colorado Project. CO used to be a solid red state, until a mess of liberals got imported from places like CA and IL and brought their politics with them.

• pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

When I got out in 73, we went straight to Golden. I would imagine at least 50% of the cars had " Don't Californicate Colorado"

bumper stickers on them. That worked out well!😒

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******

If only John Denver would have made the words to his song Rocky Mountain High Colorado into some peak in the Himalayas, the state would be liberal free today! 😁

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

The census was a joke, the census will not list illegals since it does not meet the Marxist agenda for gaining votes from people seeking freebies from your pocket. Your kids do not matter your grandchildren do not matter, illegals MATTER. So shut up and pay your taxes sucker.

• discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭

sad to say, but Montana is also picking up 1 House seat, will make 2 total.

• discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

the only good thing about this increase is it looks like these immigrants are seeking the red state flavor. the bad news is most people that move in pack up and leave after 3 winters or sooner if jobs can't be found. housing is also critical here.

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

Florida gains one seat, so after Labor Day there will be public hearings on redrawing the congressional district lines. Although virtually every state has laws which are supposed to prevent purposefully redrawing district line to favorer any political party, the fact is the Florida has a Republican governor, a Republican Secretary of State (a very pretty blonde lady), and both statehouses are solidly Republican. The question is which Democrat will be targeted for removal. Most of the real trouble makers are down in the greater Miami area, so I'm betting that one of the five Democratic districts (one is currently vacant) down south will be completely redrawn.