In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Rifleman

ridgleyartridgleyart Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭

It was made about 25 years before my tine, but I started watching it and I'm hooked. Quite a few famous actors in their younger days are featured. Wish they still made shows like this.

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

It will on in a few minutes here.... Lucus must have been stocked up on bullets as he lets loose a lot of lead !!!

Great old show....

• Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Great show.

I think he killed/gunned down 120 men in the 5 years the show ran.

RLTW

• Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

The progressives hate this type of show and this series will never come back in vogue again as new,especially if they started shooting Indians. Just like in Ancient Egypt you must strike any heretic information i.E. History.

Even that last word above is sexism to feminist radicals now days.

serf

• Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭

That's like Sgt. Saunders on Combat! has over one hundred Purple Hearts..🙂

• Options

I watch The Rifleman and The Lawman, and Wanted Dead or Alive and several others...

Yancy Derringer

The Restless Gun

Bat Masterson

Rawhide

Death Valley Days with the Old Ranger before Robert Montgomery or Ronald Reagan.

Wells Fargo with Dale Robertson

and several others.

On the Radio I listen to..

Gun smoke...Matt Dillon was played by William Conrad from the TV show Cannon. He played Matt Dillon as a hardass.

Sgt. Preston of the Yukon

The Six Shooter with Jimmy Stewart

Lone Ranger

I love me some Westerns🙂

• Options

Great show, though I liked the ABC copycat version , The Gallant Men. Took place in Italy..

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

There were quite a few famous stars. One of my favorite episodes was the one with Sammy Davis as a gun fighter. He actually was pretty proficient handling his six gun. Bob

• Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭✭

That makes you a young lad.

• Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭

Little Mark MCain recently went upstairs.

When Luca's takes aim he does not miss. He very seldom aims but when he does they bite the dust.

If Little Mark made some of his remarks on todays shows the might be spending some time in the same cell with Derek and would be talked about on channel 6 by sweet Nora O'Donnel, Gayle King (she would be concerned, her fake eyelashes might sag) and of course Anthony Mason has to agree with all his non-biased women friends. (sickening to watch them)

I have to go out and watch paint dry, which is more interesting and the paint don't make me as sick as when they come on the tube. (disgusting to say the least)

Why can't we get some news reporters that weill just report the news and keep their opinions to themselves?

For example when Mark seen the educated * law officer had a white man in handcuffs arrested and taking him to the caboose.

Little Mark said "What's this world coming to now?"

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

I got Chuck Conners' autograph at the Fort Madison Iowa rodeo back in 63 or 64. I was pretty small for my age and he was REALLY tall.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******

Sammy Davis’ nickel S&W 57 sold on gun broker several years ago. It had overwhelming provenance along with it.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

watching a lot of the old shows they cycled a lot of the same actors thru them . maybe contract with the filming industry or there agent trying to keep them working some times with a bit of make different hair or face hair or made to look older so they they looked a bit different . I agree the white guys made up to be native American or Mexican / Spanish were a bit out there but it was just they way thigs were back then the productions company's got there money's worth out of the actors on pay roll

I truly enjoy the old shows and movies not just the westerns .

maybe because they were not " forced" to include a complete alphabet of genders races and make every one a hero like todays hollywerd does .

Chuck C was big fellow and spinning the rifle he had to have long arms so he did not shoot him self .

funny as kids we watched so many people die every week and yet I do not know any of my buddies that turned into mass murderers as the left claims besides the video games are way more violent then any show we ever watched

will add, last thought as a kid I truly wanted a jeep with a machine gun mounted in the back ( rat patrol )

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭

Sammy Davis was very good at fancy gun slinging . There are multiple youtube videos of him in action.

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,347 ******

I enjoy watching the old Rifleman reruns on ME TV. They run each episode in the order it was played back in the day. The characters that are regular townsfolk change frequently like Doc Burrage who kept the name but was played by at least 3 different actors including Edgar Buchanan who also played Uncle Joe on Pettycoat Junction.

I have noticed that Lucas was the kind of man who held a grudge and very seldom forgave anyone who ever crossed him. Even if that person had changed their ways and turned into preachers, doctors, farmers, or even his own father in law. It was his son Mark that most often showed his angry dad the virtues of live and let live.

I get quite a kick out of seeing Lucus gun down a man in his yard near the barn and then join his son and Marshall Torrance into the house for some stew! 😁 The dead guy is just left laying there. I bet there were a lot of graves on that McCain ranch!

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭✭

A very good shooter for sure but if you've ever noticed as big a man he was he wasn't worth a flip at fist-fighting.....😁

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

Amazing how McCain could strike a match everytime by shooting it with his rifle from his hip from 50 yards but couldn't hit a full grown man from across the street at times during those shootouts. .

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭

Matches aren't shooting at you, Smitty! Hearing bullets go by your ear is somewhat distracting. BTDT.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

McCain was no Matt Dillion. Those bullets going by his ears never bothered Marshal Dillion. He was the MAN... which was what Miss Kitty said also.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, I am just like Marshall Dillon. Unfortunately, others compare me to Festus Hagin. 🙄 Bob

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,347 ******

But Bob! Festus was my HERO! 😊