In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are you ready for A.I.

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

Soon it will be everywhere especially in Government Records collections and Retail sales!

serf

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6227757/heb-fast-scan-technology-scans-basket-how-pay/

Major grocery store unveils new ‘Fast Scan’ technology Deep in the Heart of Texas!

The Fast Scan technology is currently in a pilot phase solely with the store's partners, or employees, H-E-B confirmed.

A San Antonio-based TikToker named Katrina (trulytrina.21 on TikTok) also went online with a video of the new H-E-B checkout system.

"H.E.B. coming in hot," the screen text on her video said as she showed the pilot Fast Scan and weigh set up inside the store. "Starting tomorrow."

Comments

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭

Does this mean I wouldn't have to wait for the fat lady in front of me to use her EBT card and then pay for her booze and smokes with the third credit card she tries because the first two didn't work? Kinda cool if it actually works and it doesn't collect anymore info than they already do. I pay with a credit card and use my Kroger savings card so they have a record of exactly what I purchase now, so I guess this isn't any different. It will get rid of a lot of cashiers but most of the ones I've dealt with the last couple of years won't be missed. Bob

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

Maybe when you grab too much beer for your quota for that week or your carbon allowance for the month is over the limit you might have a different attitude 😁 their Bob!

You seem to hyper focus too much and can't see the big picture coming after they have put all this in place and use that power to enforce new rules. That fat lady who is smoking might not be there in line after this you think Bob?

serf

Orrrr... Since this is being tried by a private business who wants to sell as much as possible, as quickly as possible to maximize profits with lower labor costs, you are reading way to much into it. Of course that is just my opinion based on the fact that they already have all of the info about how much and what I buy, so this gizmo won't change anything. But my opinion isn't as much fun for some who like worrying about such stuff. Bob

edited September 2022

Come on Bob you know it's all interconnect. They establish the system first on a trial run with The Manufacture who no doubt follows international standards to allow other entities to share data for Taxation and other important communications between all these new technologies.

Everyday they get closer and closer to having a system in place for all Tax transactions for all good & services which they can expand compliance to divulge all sort of data across the board. The final act will be electronic money for all people to use in the Great reset and New green deal to save the planet from over use of carbon emissions.

You will be given a carbon credit of usage on your permitted use according to your status in the NWO and The United Nations INC being the new legislative bodies of control.

serf

I get it Serf. What I am trying to get across is that ship has sailed as far as the information is concerned. I've asked you before if you use credit or debit cards, online payments, customer loyalty cards like the Kroger one I referenced, or any of the myriad of other customer info gathering methods. A few years ago I had a discussion with a gentleman who would only pay cash and didn't have any credit cards. This was back the last time gas prices spiked and he told me he had saved 80 cents a gallon because of the points on his Kroger savings card. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him that by scanning that card at the checkout there was not only an electronic record of everything he had bought but by redeeming those points they now knew where, when and how much gas he had bought. Guess in his quest for anonymity he didn't think things through. If they desired, it would be a simple task for a not so benevolent government to mine all of the info already out there and put controls on your existing methods of payments. So being worried about this new tech is an exercise in futility. Bob

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******

Yep they got us a long time ago...

edited September 2022

So everybody should just accept that as time passes that information gathered by our actions is unavoidable. To me that is just a cop-out to accept one's fate. A prison made by another for the common good? Where have I heard that before? Yep from politics which always has a better idea to control your life.

serf

• mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭

What do you suggest we do to change it?? Don't shop there? It is going to be very difficult to get around it. I don't like it either, but see nothing that we can do about it.....

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.

Use cash and never let them bring a cashless society in with no other choices for public or privates debts! It Will be a beginning but most will roll over like a trained dog to please their masters.

serf