In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Beer Bottle Trivia

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

In clearing brush and small trees in the ditch front of my house I found an unopened brown bottle. I've been here 40 years and never have cleared this area before. There is unreadable writing on it, probably the list of ingredients but no paper label. When were paper labels discontinued or are some still used? It has a odd cap. Powder blue with a 3/4" white circle. I hope this is an ultra rare bottle worth $$$. No, I'm not going to open and drink it. I enjoy a cold beer but never have been that thirsty.

It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe it isnt a beer bottle?

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Could be a soda bottle jimmyjack but it is full and when I handle it it still has carbon dioxide .

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭

if me and had a few minutes to spend I would do a internet search maybe start with with some what local beer company's ?

will also add what I have run into doing such searches no matter how detailed I get with out a name it gets a lot of possibilities to sort thru . but even a blind hog gets a acorn some times good luck 😁

with luck a beer can or bottle collector will be along and know just what it is

• love2shootlove2shoot Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Must be soda, who would toss a perfectly good beer away?

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******

"Must be soda, who would toss a perfectly good beer away?".............obviously you've never been 'chased' by the local sherriff while carrying a 'six' pack on Sat. nite.

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭

When I was a kid,we found a place in the woods where there had been a honky tonk.We found lots of old beer cans that were shaped like the cans brake fluid came in before plastic.

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Ditch-Runner, Thanks for the suggestion. There is an antique bottle club in Indy. I'll check with them. If it rare and valuable the GB party is on me!

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭

with trends coming and going

I remember maybe 20 years ago beer can collecting was a hot item . now I have no idea

good luck finding out what it is / was if you do let us know

off the subject just a bit but been up all night and time to waste

sorry

as for trends and collectors

I remember a lot of the women at work chasing buying up Beenie baby's and Longenberger baskets two of the hottest biggest selling items for a few years and paying well into the hundreds of dollars even thousands for that special ?/ rare , limited edition . version . several + years ago I started seeing them by the boat load at thrift shops for less than a buck .

there has to be a lot of "collectors " still crying , the ones that did not get there's dumped before the bottom completely fell out I do feel sorry for the ones who got hooked

the basket company was here in Ohio they even built a huge office / factory built to look like one of there baskets years ago I seen it was up for sale at dirt cheap price

fads go out as fast as they come in