In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I was wrong about Oregon

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

It's hopeless. I would encourage anyone there to leave.

50+% of the population there want you disarmed.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******

Linn County Sheriff Michelle Duncan released a statement Wednesday regarding Ballot Measure 114.

Unfortunately, we are seeing the passage of Ballot Measure 114, which creates a required permitting system in order to purchase firearms AND bans gun magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds. This is a terrible law for gunowners, crime victims, and public safety.

I want to send a clear message to Linn County residents that the Linn County Sheriff’s Office is NOT going to be enforcing magazine capacity limits.

This measure is poorly written and there is still a lot that needs to be sorted out regarding the permitting process, who has to do the training and what exactly does the training have to cover.

In the coming days, I will work with other law enforcement partners, elected officials and community members on the best course of action to take on permitting.

I want to ensure anything we do or don’t do will not hinder gunowners’ rights to purchase firearms, intentionally or unintentionally.

Although, I am hopeful that the passing of this measure will result in an immediate lawsuit against it, as it should, there is still going to be a lot to sort out on how this will impact our residents, the Linn County Sheriff’s Office and other police agencies in Oregon.

I will continue to inform the public as decisions are made.

Sheriff Michelle Duncan

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

For the freedom loving people of Oregon, Washington California and most of the east coast I wonder why you do not really organize and refuse to serve Democrats, sell products or services to the state, or pay taxes to starve the Commie States of money. It would be VERY hard to do but then again the Revoultionary war was no cake walk.

As it stands you are a frog in the pot and the heat is rising.

If that does not sound like a plan that works then you better pack up and move because it ain't going to get any better.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

"Rev. Mark Knutson, chief petitioner and pastor at Augustana Lutheran Church in Portland, said, "I hope it shows how residents in a state can come together from many directions and address the public health..."

Those pesky Lutherans, again.

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

DEMOCRATs: no further explanation required.

Its good to see some of the county sheriffs are telling the DEMOCRAT tyrants they wont enforce unconstitutional laws.

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

Inbred stupidity more likely. That response makes no sense whatsoever.

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,275 ******

Thinking that the bad guys will obey the law is how liberals, leftists, and commies, all think.

Note; I was going to include democrat to the list above but found it to be redundant as the list already covers them quite well.