In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cat Stalking Hunter ,,,,,

forgemonkeyforgemonkey Member Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,726 ✭✭✭✭

That ol' kid is about the luckiest idiot in the world. Put the damn phone down, take a proper grip, and dispatch the kitty!

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,662 ✭✭✭✭

I agree completely......I kept saying it out loud while I was watching the video.. SHOOT, I kept wondering what the person was waiting for, at that distance, he was less than 2 seconds from serious injury or death. He was lucky the cat backed off....

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭

I’m glad he did keep his phone going, never seen a mountain lion stalking a man before, that guy was either braver than me, or, dumber than me. Had that been me, where he only shot twice, I would have dropped the phone and been on my 3rd magazine. I wonder if it had cubs near by. Looked like an ordinary cat in the way it attacked, ears back, locked stair and when the back started to raise, that cat was open for business.

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

A Mtn. Lion would be much worse stalking you than a Bear, in my opinion.

(Not that I would care to be "Stalked," by either.)

Ever had a PO'd (regular) cat on your hands? They can do some serious damage in a heartbeat.

Yeow.

*I agree, I'd have dropped the phone and been pumping rounds in the Cat. (.44mag sounds about right.)

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭

Important to drop down (to one knee) so you're shooting level. Then you don't have to try & lead an animal charging straight at you.

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure I want to be on my knees when a big cat is charging me, I understand the strategy however.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,094 ******

Wouldn't have shot him with my phone, and wouldn't have waited as long.