In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

John Wick 4

MPistoneMPistone Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Just had to share the photo - the best is the outline at John Wick's feet.

That door you just kicked in was locked for your protection - not mine.

Comments

• Zebra 2.0Zebra 2.0 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Very COOL! Heard the movie has already grossed nearly $80 million dollars Friday and Saturday only on a projected $100 million dollar budget. Guessing it will hit $300 million in first week! Waiting for it to come out on DVD so we can watch it at home. All previous Chapters were phenomenal. Anyone who's not familiar with 'John Wick' should buy the DVD's

• bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭

I will wait, not very patiently, for the Blu-ray version to hit Amazon. I have all the others and love them!!!!

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭

The first one did not entice me.

• redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭

the Wife and I just got home from seeing it, good movie but like always the mags never seem to run dry !. and they screwed up at the end, nope not going to say more

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭

Some "Gun People," do not like them. That's Cool. No they are not very "believable."

So what? It's a Movie. It's Entertainment. They are very Entertaining.

I watched the Trifecta the other day. I was Entertained. 👍😁

Keanu Reeves is a very skilled gun handler and has put in the effort in training to be good. It shows. He is very good in 3 Gun Competitions.

I am looking forward to watching #4.

• MPistoneMPistone Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

He trains a few miles down the road from me at Taran Tactical. The fist pistol he is handed is a Taran Tactical "JW4" Pit Viper. Taran Butler has made a whole line of firearms from the John Wick franchise.

• GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭

You mean a "lot" of people get shot? Ohh my!!

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I watched the movie I like such shows but take them for just entertainment as we should. I know I do maybe why I like a lot of them

he does seem to handle the guns well I have heard he trains, and good for him but with all the computer-generated stuff they can make any thing or any one look great

also 1st I guess based on movies and endings never say never about a movie ending

if you like the gun handling and fighting and endless shooting you will like the movie with a on going plot of revenge mixed in

if I had one quirk about such movies not just john Wick , but all the similar movies dozens maybe a hundred people shooting at you with full automatic guns most of the time

no matter how good you are a lucky shot or stray one while your hand to hand fighting with some one and never getting killed is a long Strech

If me I would guess in real life if your tangled up fighting one on one another bad guy is not going to wait his turn to fight and odds are loose ,

I see no issues just punching holes in both people unless its you mom he fighting LOL and walk away with the reward and your life

think about it heck even the military has no issues killing their own proven many times in many wars

will add I like to have his Taylor make me bullet proof suit that flexes and protects so well

You sound like you have watched the movies @Ditch-Runner. The sequence with the dogs and Halle Berry is my favorite. No-one "waiting their turn in that sequence. 🤔 The dogs are "Awesome!" 👍

I also like the scene, where she rinses her mouth out, (swishing it around) and spitting it back in the bottle, with the last of a bottle of water after giving her dogs plenty. Gives John about a big mouthful of water, in the bottle, before turning loose in the desert in order to find, "He Who Sits Above the Table."

Pretty brutal when he takes a finger off with the chisel handed to him also. (Then,) Puts it on an offered red hot iron. That's gotta hurt. 🤔😥😢

"Heck even the military has no issue killing their own"

What military are you talking about?

I dont want to take away from the movie theme but all of them if you think about it

I can start another post to explain

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Glad to see you posting here, Mike.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to that statement myself. 🤔

I agree Ken

Halle and the dogs made a great sequel the water bottle scene was epic

I have seen her training on YouTube post she is awesome shooting in her own right

I would comment on the last move #4 but do not want to spoil any of it for those who have not seen it

edited March 2023

Well I started this thread and it's all about pure fiction - so please continue; explain what military are you talking about? Be specific. Are you referring to our United State of America Military?

edited March 2023

OK

just MY humble view on American military how many friendly fire missions have Americans died in not knowing it was their own troops they were firing on even close combat

how about bombing the wrong area artillery fire in the wrong place killing Americans

testing drugs on the people or having them with in range of radiation fall out while testing the atom bombs

testing agent orange on them I was not there but heard it many times from vets

every battle has a estimated number of causalities and deaths but they send them in any way no matter the odds ( I know that's just war ) but still they know our troops will die

other country's have no problem forcing there troops into battle some times with nothing to fight with just tell them pick a gun up from your dead buddy or they shoot them in the back if they try and retreat or not advancing fast enough or just starved of froze them to death due to supply issues and pushing troops into battle no matter just feeding the machine

governments and politicians for the most part just look at people as numbers.

I am no way a pacifist and war is just part of humans and all will be some are necessary some not so much .

I am just saying people are expendable when it comes to winning.

I hope you understand its nothing personal or against our country I truly love America and the people who serve to keep us free

its a sad fact of war

I do apologize to all who got pulled in and took away from a move to such a dark place

What branch of the military were you in and when did you serve?

edited March 2023

I was not in the military viet nam ended when I was senior in high school

I had all the intention I would end up their from 6th grade on

I have nothing against our military or any one who gave up their time to fight

I just seen no reason to join with no war going on I have family who have from WWI on

Sure accidents happen but bottom line they died due our government

Not sure what answer your looking for

This has got way too far from just a movie

Even if I had served it would not change history or how wars are fought

Sorry I ticked you off

But all said was true to the best of my knolage

Just let it go and back to the movie

It was just a off the cuff statement

This has sidetracked what was just a general post about movies

I was just saying ther is no real rules when it comes to people getting killed in life or movies

Had you served in our military, taken an oath to protect this great county, to bear true faith and allegiance to her - you would understand just how vulgar and disrespectful your "off the cuff statement" comes across to those of us who served with distinction and honor.

sorry If I offended you in any way

I meant no disrespect and like I stated I am great full to all those who served past present and future

but country's still use people look around the world today , how troops are treated granted USA has to be one of the best if not the best but it does not change the past

its too bad so many politicians do not hold their oaths to our constitution and country as honestly and to their heart like you do and many others do also . it would be a lot better place

thank you greatly for your service I do mean that .

what I said has nothing to with the service men and women and their commitment or service even their allegiance to the country

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭

I can't believe there is anyone left to kill

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭

I liked the first two, the third was just strickly see how many we can kill before the end of the movie, will watch the 4th but not till it comes out on tv......

Yep, they found a few hundred more to shoot up.

I think you figured out the progression - more killing than the third, but without Halle Berry to enjoy. This installment does lay the ground work for two spinoffs called "The Continental" and "Ballerina".

I did read each new movie completely out did the previous in box office sales #4 I read was just at 80 million in USA and 13 million in other country's for opening weekend

agree he sure keeps the undertakers in busness

Sad for the most part hollywerd makes millions off movies. Having characters using guns but protest people having them

• bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭

I liked all of the movies but agree with hillbille about number three. The thing I like the most is that Reeves is pretty much the real deal with his competitive shooting. I know that a lot is Hollywood dazzle but a lot is Reeves as well.

Looking forward to number four .......................... also on TV.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"

If you liked the other three you will not be disappointed in number 4

I've read, although I don't know accurate the stories are, that Keanu was paid 15 million for this version 4. Wonder if he will also get residuals / royalties at some point.

Again I can't vouch for the article, but I've heard from numerous sources that Keanu made a deal on the Matrix franchise to give a significant amount of the film's proceeds to the Special Effects team as he felt they were also the stars of the film.

I do that it is true the he took a massive pay cut to make sure that he could work with Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate.

I would wager he gets a % of all franchise and merch income its crazy how much some get now but at least they get there share. now