In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A scope for 98 Mauser 25-06 cal

peedadpeedad Member Posts: 232 ✭✭

Any ideas on a scope for this rifle-With a standard scope my eye is too far away to get a good focus. Maybe a Long Eye Relief scope? Maybe like-Vortex Crossfire 11? Let me know ur ideas.Thx Also, whats a good power?

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭

Was this presented in a previous post? If so, the question was raised of: is the scope mounted on the receiver or on the rear sight base(forward of the receiver on the barrel)?

The VORTEX Crossfire II 2-7x32 'SCOUT' version has an eye relief of 7-9" which would be sufficient for a barrel mount location.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Replace your standard scope bases with a picatinny rail and use Weaver style extended rings. this will allow you to move the scope much further back than standard bases and rings. Any mid price scope from a major maker will work, (Leupold, Burris, Vortex, etc...) and I would probably opt for something in the 3-9x range. Bob

Edit to add: Focus should be adjustable on any scope you buy. The proper eye relief is when you see a picture the full diameter of the ocular lens when your head is in its normal position on the stock. These two criteria are not the same. Here is an article explaining scope focusing and adjustments;

Bob