In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tik Tokers enthralled by terrorism

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******
edited November 2023 in Politics

So, apparently, recently, there's been a wave of young ignoramouses who read the recently republished (and now scrubbed) letter from Osama Bin Laden to America, and are now just awestruck (lovestruck?). Glen Beck highlights what's going on in this clip from Twitter:

https://x.com/glennbeck/status/1725232680206279149?s=20

Notably Stew (I think he is?) mentions that these kids apparently never learned any history. He's absolutely correct on that. But of course that was intentional-- our public education system only wants to turn out mind numbed blank slates with no critical thinking skills (I mean if this tik tok trend thing isn't THE case in point for that I don't know what is.)

Now, if you've never read the letter, good luck finding it, because sites all over the internet are scrubbing it from being published (for better or worse, you decide). I found a copy of it in the internet archives but won't link it here (mainly because folks are getting flagged now for supporting terror... nothing could be further from the truth were I to do it, because I want to mock it mercilessly for its hypocrisy, ignorance, and general stupidity) but I won't anyway because it's dog excrement. To be fair Bin Laden made a couple good points. The US was (and continues to) meddle in the affairs of foreign nations, frequently reining death upon people who had no truck with the US, but I digress. I do not support our foreign interventionism, particularly when we've got so many problems at home to deal with.

But his letter supports reigning terror on people in return and that is such a "duh that's evil bad" thing, it's a wonder even the brain dead could miss it and therefore support it.

Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options

A small excerpt of the letter that I find hilarious:

"Who can forget your President Clinton's immoral acts committed in the official Oval office? After that you did not even bring him to account, other than that he 'made a mistake', after which everything passed with no punishment. Is there a worse kind of event for which your name will go down in history and remembered by nations?"

Quite the justification for terror. 🙄

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,385 ******

It never seems to amaze me the ignorance of our population and it's not only the youth... and I hope that people will one day wake up and come to their senses but I won't hold my breath waiting …

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭

Exactly! Someone had to teach them this crap, and someone had to stand by and LET it be taught!

Just sayin'

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭

"our public education system only wants to turn out mind numbed blank slates with no critical thinking skills"

Maybe so but shouldn't parents be contributing SOMETHING to their children's education? Everyone wants to blame public schools for failing to perform the tasks parents should do.

• Options
    edited November 2023

I think it's definitely the parent's fault too, but I also believe that if a parent sends their kid off to the school their taxes are paying for it's not unreasonable for them to expect those tax dollars to fund a system that is helping educate their kid. And to be sure, many school systems subvert the parental influence, even covertly.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭

Dont forget main stream media, they are as corrupt as academia if not worse.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******

IMO, our public schools UNDERMINE what many a parent tries to teach or instill in our kids now days.

The kids are fraught with having to make decisions about whom to follow and believe in that should never ever happen!!

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭

I guess I/we never had those problems. Rural/small town school districts where everyone knew everyone else (possibly for several generations) don't allow the anonymity of big city 'school campuses'.

Not long ago, I had a school board member come to me asking questions about policies and procedures in the school that my Granddaughter attends. He wanted to know what a life long, well known member of the community felt about how things were being handled. How often does that happen in 'the big city'?

• Options

I don't think it happens in big cities, but I think you might be shocked at what is taught at even rural schools. I know I was.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

Mr. Perfect I believe you have described it perfectly on what is happening in are schools and and how are kids, and I emphasize the word kids are being taught.

It still just makes me think back on what Nikita Khrushchev said, “we will take over your country and not even fire a shot”. And this is just how their doing it.

The way people are taught today in American anymore is, don’t save for tomorrow, if you want it, buy it now, if things go bad, the government will help us out.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭

As with most screeds, there are bits of truth in Bin Laden’s writings that some will latch onto to promote a pre-determined world view.

One can agree, for example, with his dismay at how western powers have manipulated the Middle East since the discovery of oil yet strongly disagree with his choice of corrective actions.

Likewise one cannot help but agree with some of the declarations of damage wrought upon the German peoples in Mein Kampf and still thoroughly despise the proposed remedies.

As stated above, both should be read, but with a mind open to yes, the harms noted, but with full acceptance of the evils committed by the antagonists.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Idiot Sheep. Ready for the Slaughter.

Nothing more.

*None of them would survive a month, in a Fundamentalist Islamic State. (And) They would be begging to come back to the good old USA, within a week.

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,499 ✭✭✭✭

Conformists and willing sheep survive quite well until the revolution is complete, Ken.

Only then will they be thrown to the wolves.

Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele