In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I had my Welcome to Medicare Physical today

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,904 ✭✭✭✭

I have received so much crap in the mail about today and this physical. They made is sound like a party...

THEY were wrong. No balloons, no cake, lots of paperwork. What a let down 🙃😉

Comments

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,516 ✭✭✭✭

I assume this is the annual required one with the memory test. I have had a number of those and often wonder what happens if I can remember the 3 words when asked.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭

Physical?

they must have decided I was a lost cause , and never even ask me

• Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 11,857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

Ah Yes. Big Brother.

"We are only here to help." 🙄

*$1200 for a Physical? (And) No questions asked, just pay it. Everybody has their hand, in the till. (And) People wonder why they have to print more money. (Further devaluing the money we have.)

Since we came off the Gold Standard, it has all been a Shell game. Just like the last Fort Knox "Audit."

Nothing to see here. Move along now.

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,358 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭

At my second exam I started off with, "chair, orange, sunset." The nurse replied, "Uh, that was last year, but OK." That ended the questions.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

"I'll say three words and you repeat them after me...chair, orange, sunset."

"them after me"

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭

When ask if I had guns at home. I said got one right here you want to see it? That ends the stupid questions.

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023

waltermoe, I do this once a year thing also at my GP. I do the three word thing also. They hand me the form with the questions on it and i write NOYB at the top and leave it blank. Sometimes a nurse will challenge me and I say get Dr. Zucker in here and i will explain it to him. That ends it.

I only use the VA for my hearing aids. It is a very humbling experience to go to Castle Point Veterans Medical Center. So many more than me need their help. After about three years they retested me and my hearing was already bad.

The Audiologist got on my case with the questions. I explained to her that I had heard tales of vets being denied a new pistol permit or having theirs pulled because they had a way of twisting questions. I can't prove it and Audiologist claimed she was not aware of that. I doubt if she really knew the answer, she would tell me. Perhaps there are cases where the VA has to intervene. I listened to her questions and finally I told her " Look, I have a son and daughter that love me and I have no intention of taking my life and letting millions of legal gunowners down. I won't answer any more of your stupid questions." That ended it and i now have my new hearing aids.

By the way, just before I got sick I got a statement from Blue Cross and the VA hit Medicare and Blue Cross for quite a bit of the charges. I suspect that in years to come VA will try to cut us off from hearing aids unless you were subjected to a lot of noise etc. in the Services. My only lame excuse was I did a little competition shooting in the Army. -------------Ray

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,358 ✭✭✭✭

That entire system needs to be reworked.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭

A MediCare physical???????????????

Didn't happen here that I'm aware of. Maybe went straight to my Doctor's office but no FTF exam.