In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

3D printed firearms

redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭✭

Are really improving. Supposed to cost about a grand to build.

Comments

• mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

Until it blows up. No thanks

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭✭

Having had the dubious pleasure of holding a 30-06 when it blew up in my face I think I will pass.The good Lord let me walk away from that with no long term damage . Not going to tempt fate .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭

This looks like a combination of off the shelf steel parts with a bunch of 3D printed pieces that aren’t carrying much load or heat.

Done properly this could be a good example of new technology in an industry where not much has really changed in the last 25-or 100 years.

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭✭

I think some are missing the point. This technology is advancing at a lighting pace and most of it is open source. We have progressed from clunky single shots to multiple styles of repeaters and now belt fed. Of course they are not as reliable or durable as factory made guns but they are sure better than nothing. Fighters in Myanmar are currently using printed arms like modern day Liberators. I doubt any Government can stop this technology from spreading and allowing anyone that chooses so to arm themselves!

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 25,021 ✭✭✭✭

Any one ever watch the back street

Gun makers in packastan o think where their at

They make 100 % copies of just about any popular gun you can imagine pistol or rife no matter they make it

I have read their government frowns on it and shut down some but many places still exist all smal time shops and all handmade

Interesting for sure if you want to do a search on YouTube

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭✭

How about the jungle smiths in the Phillipines?

I doubt that I would ever buy a printer and make one.....but printers are available and there are people making innovative designs.....

.....more power to them

• Anti KueAnti Kue Member Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

When are they going to be able to 3D print bullets? With primer and powder???

😵😵😵

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,371 ******
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,608 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe if it was in a .22LR?