In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looks Like I Piss People Off On Facebook, Same As I Used To On Gunbroker

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
edited April 25 in General Discussion

You're never too old to learn something new. Here is what I have learned this week, about myself, from some of my Facebook friends:

I have no friends.

No one likes me.

Even my own son doesn't like me.

I am mean.

I have the emotional maturity of a middle-school student.

I am intolerant.

I am a bigot.

I am not the Godly man I want people to believe I am. (I must plead "guilty" to that one. I am a work in progress.)

That's about it. Your comments are welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Lady Rae Lady Rae Member Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭✭

My own sister friended me and blocked me in the same month. I think it was after reading my grandmother's will. Facebook is a waste of time. On gun forums you definitely waste time lol but you sure learn a lot ❤️😁

"Independence Now, Independence Forever."

John Adams

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭

So what's your bad issues

Sounds like a lot on here lol

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭

Well sure David, but that's why we love you. 😉

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭✭

I admire and like you.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,702 ******
    edited April 25

That not true, David. You have lots of friends. There's me, there's Joe,...me…

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******

This reminds me I once had a female cousin who was born in the country but family moved her to a big city. While she was in grade school she would send me post cards.

The card I will never forget is one she wrote…..

Nobody likes me

Everybody hates me

I'm gonna eat some worms

Big ones, fat ones, itsy bitsy teeny ones

Worms that wiggle and squirm

First one's custard

2nd one's mustard

3rd one tries to run

4th one's greasy

5th one's easy

6th one sticks to my tongue 😂

YUP!! Facebook is a Childrens playground!

• Options
    Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25

…I checked all of those same boxes David…I joined Facebook for my grandkids…I had "friends", but then Facebook banned me, permanently… I'm so distraught I think I'll just eat dirt and die…🤣

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 35,037 ✭✭✭✭

I have always thought of you as someone very patient and tolerant.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭

who cares?????? those people aren't real friends anyway, just paper personalities that love to talk behind their keyboards and behind your back…..

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,627 ✭✭✭✭

I have never had a Facebook account of my own. Years ago during my working days, our department had a couple fictitious accounts to creep on some of our clients. It always amazed us how we would be accepted as friends which allowed us to see their pics and read comments….

We had several incidents where felons were in pictures holding firearms, drugs or being out of state and other various violations of court orders…..

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,410 ***** Forums Admin

GB forums is my "facebook".

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭

Texas1911DE I got to ask, how did you get a permanent ban on FB? What an honor!

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭

I don't do Facebook but it sounds to me like you fit in here pretty darn good, and we're damn glad to have ya!

• Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭

Imagine what they'd have said if they knew you only took personal checks!

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

I right there with you in all the items you listed. As someone once said “You got a friend in me.”

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******

I've always looked up to you David ever since I've been around here.

• Options
    edited April 25

By the way Mr Nunn I have never been upset by anything you have said here.... You must just be upsetting thin skinned nutty liberals.

John Adams

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭✭

well, at least now you know.

• Options
    Gunnut358Gunnut358 Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭

Pissing people off is the main reason I even bother with Facebook any more. Ever see that "So three Nazis walk into a BAR" meme? That got me banned for a month, eight years after I posted it.

• Options
    waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭

I was going to say on second thought, you have the qualifications to be a cop.

• Options

I found a couple of the Nazis memes..… maybe when I have some time I'll log into my account I never look at and post a couple of versions of it 😁 I've never been in Facebook jail 🤪

John Adams

• Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Just a couple of saying I keep in mind and use quite often.

You can choose your friends but not family.

If you were someone else would you have yourself as a friend.

I've never done facebook.

I've noticed most everyone ASSUMES everyone does facebook.

waltermoe wrote;

I never had anything to do with face book. Always amazed me though. People will get on there and say: We’re at such and such a place having a great time. Then they get home to find out that they got robbed while gone. And then their crying: “ BOO WHO” how did this happen.

I've heard of this also, people like to BRAG ON FACEBOOK about being on vacation, etc, then find out they got home and the front door is gone and then they post that.

I've also noticed that most of those type people are weak upstairs and brag on Brandon.

• Options
    mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭

I think you have some great qualities. I only use facebook for the market place. Otherwise its a bunch of random strangers. I have more fun here.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,698 ✭✭✭✭

I don't wade off into the deep end of FB if I can help it. I scroll through the pictures, share a funny post from time to time….but I don't message much or post any "thoughts" very often there. I feel like the gene pool is so tainted over there its not worth putting much effort into. If someone stresses me out or stresses me out in ANY way over there I'll unfollow them in a heartbeat. Sad posts…..fussing about nonsense….pray for me constantly for whatever and I'm done. I just don't have it in me to pet anyone or let anyone give me grief anymore.

I do have this one guy….Jay….who I keep around because his fights with my other friends are hilarious.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,063 ******
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's my take, and why I have never broken bread with you. Except sometimes.

• Options
    arraflipperarraflipper Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Keep on being yourself David, I enjoy reading what you post. Sure haven't pi$$ed me off. I used to go to a couple other chat rooms got tired of one guy who thought he knew the facts about me but was perfectly wrong. I tried to explain it on the site and to him, gave up and haven't been back there.