In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is it Time for a Change? Forums Past and Present....

2»

Comments

• bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭

I am absolutely glad politics is separate. I don't visit hardly any social media every election cycle, even though most likely most on this forum vote like I do.

Like others surmised, I think the big reduction of members over the mandatory signup is likely the single biggest drop in membership and attendance. For me that is on the auction side as often as the funds allow, it is no big deal. But, for those like HappyNanuq from Greenland, it probably didn't make much sense with most sellers being in U.S. But, I understand the requirement from a business standpoint since if they only spend time on the forum and never purchase then the company doesn't profit.

Though I got some LOL'z from the old forum, I miss most the people we've lost through the forum changes, death, and simple attrition as people come and go in this hobby and their life changes. I initially spent a ton of time on the forum when I first joined because I was literally down on my back and had tons of time to spare.

I am more of an occasional forum browser now, and even less a participator. AQH actually drew me back after a hiatus for a long while.

Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,490 ✭✭✭

I miss the old forums, to many of the old characters are gone period, Others have moved on even my interest of guns has waivered somewhat. But the same can be said for my tropical fish as well. Even though I have much more free time now I don't spend much time on here just saying. Just stopped by here today to see what was going on.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,054 ******

We hardly ever get a troll anymore. Or charlatans like GreatGuns and Barzilla.

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,562 ✭✭✭✭

I thought GreatGuns was an interesting guy. A home on the Amalfi coast? Priceless.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,548 ✭✭✭✭

I liked it better 20 years ago. The Wild West. Dennis Nielsen and Little Buck. Crazy Earl Boydell from Metaire.

I used to post a lot on the Black Powder forum but it is in hibernation these days.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,748 ✭✭✭✭

I typically post in General. If it's not in the "correct" place it gets moved or edited for TMI.

Besides it's all about the badges now.

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 26,054 ******

Badges? We don't.....