In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bowfishing

green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
Havent bowfished for 40 years, but want to try it again. I have two Bear bows about 46 pount pull, Kodiak Magnum, what else do or should I get. I still got a couple of fishing arrows.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone here bowfish? I have an old pse with a reel on it.

Shooting lots of carp. Wanting to get out in the flooded rivers. We get into the big buffalo and freshwater drum.

Good times.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone out there bowfish? I was looking at the set-ups at the local Bass Pro, and it looks kind of cool to try out. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wondering what some of your favorite rigs for bowfishing are
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm going to give it a go. I tried it last weekend with my Mathews, and target arrows. I figured out that carbon arrows float, and it looked like fun, so I tried shootin some carp.

I know we've talked about this before, but does anyone else bowfish?

ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Going to try it next week. Went bass fishing today and saw a ton of them.
  • Options
    KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bowfishing is a blast. You could get an older bow with a shorter draw and lighter weight to use and put a bottle reel on it and it would be one of the cheaper routes. Best luck i have had with tips are muzzys.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    One of these days I will be able to respond differently to these threads. [:D] I have been wanting to try bowfishing for some time now just haven't done it yet. I do have 2 older bows now that I could get set up for it. Maybe this will be my year. [^]
  • Options
    tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we did a lot of bowfishing in the creeks and small ponds growing up. All we ever used was a simple plastic bow reel, made by martin I think. Somethimes the string would get hung up, but the whole set up was under 30 bucks and is still available for that price. We used old recurves and shot a lot of carp and suckers this way. Here is a link to the very simple set up I am talking about.

http://www.freddiebearsports.com/products.asp?product=7077&cat=LA
  • Options
    KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    look on www.bowfishingcountry.com