In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Chatterbait

beaglebeagle Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
I posted a question here a few weeks ago and asked if anyone has used this new bait. There are also several imitations. I used this bait last week and caught twenty or so bass, five or six pretty good sized ones. Let me know.

Comments

• Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i use the "imitation" called 'bolivator'...works wonders...

maybe the chatterbait is an imitation of his??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone ever post or read here anymore?

WOW! Its been a while since i've seen a new post.

Is anyone fishing?
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,197 ******
    edited November -1
    No. It is to hot. High 90's at 9 pm.
  • Options
    hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not here 70 and light drizzle U.P. mich. tks hedge
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I check here every daily...Weather has kept me in the house this last week or so with 95 ++ degree days. So when I get to go fishing again, I'll report in if something is worth mentioning.....

On the original question, I have never used one...
  • Options
    elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Not fishing much... spending more time scouting for elk and deer. However, I do need to go hit my little bass pond in the evening this week.

I do check the forum every day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I'm going at 0500 in the morning. Went to Texoma monday and caught some strippers and a couple of black bass.

I have been catfishing at night and will probably go tommorrow night, cause I'm on VACATION.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    A co-worker has had some good results on the Chatterbait. I would like to try some, but they seem to be badly overpriced for what they are.

One jig head, one tail, one skirt, and the only thing that makes it different, a little piece of metal. I can't see $6.00 in it.

Matter of fact, in my tackle boxes, I have the makings of a number of Chatterbaits, minus the metal plate. If I could find the plate, I could make my own, but they don't sell that part separately.