In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bushmaster stops shipping to california

sakosamsakosam Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
Today I called bushmaster to have some upper recievers sent to me. They told me that they no longer are going to ship to california, because of the "loop hole" in the ban. I know that bushmaster makes a "california legal" AR-15. Since december vulcan arms has put a lower reciever out that has a fixed 10 round mag. They do this buy removing the magazine release button and putting a nut on the stud, which prohibits magazine removal. I am sure this has had a substantial impact on their rifle. But why would they stop shipping to california? Has DOJ OR ATF put the pressure on them???? I am wondering if anybody has heard anything pertaining to this. Right now D.O.J. has tried to stop this but so far they have not been successful. i am sure all will change when they get this to a liberal jubge. So if you are from california get the gettin while the gettin is good.

Comments

• Options
    WoundedWolfWoundedWolf Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:So if you are from california get the gettin while the gettin is good.

Don't waste your money. California has no problem instituting retroactive bans.

Realistically, I would say that California gun owners should invest in the following arms:

-Surplus military bolt-action rifles with a fixed magazine
    -Lever action rifles
    -Pump-action shotguns
    -Double and single action revolvers that are CA DOJ approved

These are the models that I think will remain legal in California for the next 10 years. Beyond that, who knows. I am convinced that California will soon ban all semi-auto rifles, pistols, and shotguns. In the meantime, prepare to move to another state.

-WoundedWolf
  • Options
    shootstrightshootstright Member Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps it is time for the industry to follow Barrets
    lead and refuse to deal with anyone in CA .
    New firearms , parts or repairs for anyone who lives in CA.
    This mybe what it takes for the good people to get of there * and fight for there rights.[8D]
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootstright
    Perhaps it is time for the industry to follow Barrets
    lead and refuse to deal with anyone in CA .
    New firearms , parts or repairs for anyone who lives in CA.
    This mybe what it takes for the good people to get of there * and fight for there rights.[8D]

Either that, or provide the incentive to leave Kalifornia, and strengthen the population of other states with no such bans in place.