In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

No bloodbath in MN

rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
News report:

"The first year-end report by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety on the state's new handgun permit law shows 15,677 permits were issued by Dec. 31, 2003.

The period covers about seven months from the date the law took effect on May 28, 2003. There was no indication how many permits have been issued so far in 2004.

Legislative studies had predicted as many as 50,000 permits would be issued in the first year with up to 90,000 permits in three years.

Public Safety Department officials said last month there is no evidence so far that the new law has made the state safer, as proponents of the law argued, or more dangerous, as opponents argued."

(End of story)

So, it appears the number of permits issued was fewer than one-third of what had been predicted, and the huge increase in shootings that opponents of concealed-carry had expected has not materialized. As usual when anti-gunners raise red flags, it was much ado about nothing.

Comments

• Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rossowmn...

Forgive the liberals..for they know not of what they speak.

John

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not shooting at me!
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHAT? The streets were not covered in blood, from curb to curb? [/sarcasm]

I would almost be willing to bet, that when all the statistics are counted, that the "violent" crime rate dropped. It has everywhere else concealed carry has been initiated.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • Options
    ArmaliteA4ArmaliteA4 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we have had ccw here in Indiana for a long time now.I haven't heard of any streets soaked with blood yet.Oh, I remember now, I did see a story last year about a old man who shot a home invader with a .357 mag. But that was only a carpet instead of a street.BTW,the old man continued to live happily, after he got his carpet cleaned.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    ArmaliteA4: funny one.

Quote "Somehow government decided that the Constitutional Bill of Rights has become the Bill of "Suggested" Rights and are to be rationed to the citizens as the power elite sees fit"