In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Silencers?

diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
Whats the go with silencers, are they leagle in some states and not others, or just not at all, and why? Where I am now, hunters are able to use silencers and also night vision scopes. I was just wondering the real reason behind the anti-silencers. thanks

S.K.

Comments

• Options
    diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've heard a lot of "sea lawyers" tell me about the law on silencers..anyone got the official scoop?

_bm.jpg God is good. God is great.
    Only God can make a Boatswain's Mate!
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Go to the Batf website. Read it yourself.

Basically...one needs to find out if they are outlawed in your state.Federal requires permission from your police chief....and payment of 200 buck tax...and background check by feds.
  • Options
    dsmithdsmith Member Posts: 902 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Highball is right. I think they should be freely available. On some of the guns you wouldn't need hearing protection any more.
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Member Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another stupid law creatted by stupid people...

Defender
    Private investigator licensed in AZ & CA that specializes in self defense cases.
  • Options
    gunphreakgunphreak Member Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Absolutely!!

Death to Tyrants!!!
    Lev 26:14-39

Those who would offer any interpretation that would relegate Amendment II to "relic" status of a bygone era are blatantly stating that the remainder of the Bill of Rights isn't worth a damn, either.

Luke 22:36.
    "Followers of Christ, be armed."