In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sporting Arms: Distraction or Stupidity?

cat66hatcat66hat Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
I have been writing to my state and US lawmakers. Mine go from pretty progressive to New World Order gestapo. Nevertheless, I have tried to educate and inform them. I get lots of return emails that either don't say anything or could have been cut-and-pasted from Senator Feinstein's speech writers.

As far as I can tell, the founders were not thinking about the freedom to hunt squirrels, when they wrote the 2A. They seem to me to have been thinking about the spot we are in right now.

One reply , from one of my US Senators, kind of bothers me. He's OK with getting rid of all of the military-style weapons, but says sporting arms should be allowed. This man is not stupid.

Here's the part that astounds me. The man is Jewish, of Jewish heritage. He refuses to remember that the Nazis took away the peoples' guns before they loaded the trains. What can you say about a man like that?

Terry

Comments

• Options
    wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But these people aren't stupid, they know what thet're doing and why they're doing it.
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They either do not understand what the second ammendment is about or they understand it and want it changed to their version.
  • Options
    ClayhillClayhill Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To understand the 2nd Amendment you have to know something about the founding fathers. If you read their quotes on the right to bear arms there is no question about the meaning. But the public schools in America have haven't been teaching much about the founders for the last fifty years, leaving two generations with no idea about their intentions. When was the last time you talked to an 18 year old educated in our public schools? They know nothing about our history or the constitution. And they wonder why so many parents choose to home school.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Talked to my son a couple of years ago when he was taking the required Government class in a Michigan high school.

Per the teacher and printed materials/videos:

There are THREE ways to change the US Constitution.
    1) The amendment process defined in the constitution.
    2) Executive Order. (Holy crap, Batman)
    3) International treaty.

Jefferson would have a stroke and Hamilton would just smile...

Terry
  • Options
    azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by slumlord44
    They either do not understand what the second ammendment is about or they understand it and want it changed to their version.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The founding Fathers new We needed more than Sporting Guns.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "On every occasion [of Constitutional interpretation] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying [to force] what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, [instead let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
    - Thomas Jefferson
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1
    History says: "With the arms go the power"!!! History says this MANY times as a matter of fact![;)]
    And the ultimate goal of the current extremely progressive administration is to control all of us! Thus the 'arms' MUST go!![V]
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Germany's Joseph Goebbels, who taught that if a lie is repeated often enough it will eventually be accepted as truth. Goebbels also knew that truth has to be suppressed if it contradicts the objectives of the propaganda. Goebbels wrote, "It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."
  • Options
    45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any arm can be used as a sporting arm. To include fully automatic weapons. After all, isn't target shooting a sport?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My intention in starting this thread was to call attention to the fact that the 'Sporting Purpose' tag was created by the Feds, who said there was no reason to have a firearm unless you were hunting or target shooting with it.

The Feds were just constructing a fallacy to keep citizens' thoughts off the real purpose of the 2A - Retaining the capability for citizens to resist government oppression.

Just recently, Uncle Joe Biden suggested that his gun control ideas should be Ok with us, because he will let us keep our shotguns for home defense. (Maybe he's senile, or just didn't bother to read the AWB bill) He also had the gall to suggest that he knows how many rounds are too many to have to protect my family.

The New World Order Gestapo are really good at redirecting the citizens' attention away from their treasonous intentions to strip the 2A of it's power.

Terry
  • Options
    nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840

The elected elite are scared to death of an armed society that has the ability to depose them.

It's all about POWER and they want ALL THE POWER. [}:)]

talk can happen all the time, and whether or not they take guns or not, nobody will dispose of anybody. And thats truth, you and I and others can huff and puff all we want nothing will ever happen.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nards,

I believe the word used was DEPOSE, as in removing from power, not DISPOSE as in something else entirely...

Terry
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,341 ******
    edited November -1
    All military styled weapons are used in sporting event across the country.[:I]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mr. P,

"My intention in starting this thread was to call attention to the fact that the 'Sporting Purpose' tag was created by the Feds, who said there was no reason to have a firearm unless you were hunting or target shooting with it."

The BATFE is in complete control of this dialog. THEY decide what is a sport, and what is not. 'IT'S JUST A DISTRACTION!' Do not be distrac...what was that, a butterfly?

Terry
  • Options
    DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why can't we just call guns by their proper name? There are no assault rifles, or sporting rifles, or hunting rifles, or target rifles, or defensive rifles. Those words describe what purpose they are used for. Why can't we just call it what it is, an AR 15, or an HK 91, or an AK 47, without any other name attached to it? People just want to make the guns sound better or worse by adding other names. I don't drive an assault car, or a sporting car, or even a work car. I just drive a car.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Clayhill
    To understand the 2nd Amendment you have to know something about the founding fathers. If you read their quotes on the right to bear arms there is no question about the meaning. But the public schools in America have haven't been teaching much about the founders for the last fifty years, leaving two generations with no idea about their intentions. When was the last time you talked to an 18 year old educated in our public schools? They know nothing about our history or the constitution. And they wonder why so many parents choose to home school.
    Actually what's being taught is that the founders were just a bunch of wealthy white slave owners setting things up to favor themselves.