In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.308 brass??

MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,974 ******
I'm going to by a batch of .308 brass for a very accurate rifle, which should I get?; Nosler, Norma, or Lapua (Nosler & Norma are about the same $40/100 and Lapua is $10 more).

Comments

• Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Norma or Lapua,you'll never be sorry. I can't speak for the Nosler but have used the other two and suspect that are made at the same place, as the appearance and new in the box dimensions and quality were eerily similar. I have .308 Lapua that are on the 10th time around and were trimmed at the 8th loading. I expect I'll get 15 or so loads out of them.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I would say that you can't go wrong with any of them. I do know that the Nosler brass comes completely ready to load. By that I mean primer pockets uniformed, flash-hole and case mouth de-burred and neck sized just right.

I do have one question though. Are you sure about those prices? Everyplace I have looked those prices were per 50 not per 100.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have tried all of them and they all shoot where ever you want them to shoot... What is youre range of fire, 100yds, 200yds, 500yds or a mile??
    Some people can pay the price for what they want for nice brass but 99% of errors out there are from the shooter itself (IE: breathing, heart pumping, holding the rifle, flinching for recoil.[:)]
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,974 ******
    edited November -1
    "I do have one question though. Are you sure about those prices? Everyplace I have looked those prices were per 50 not per 100."... according to the may/june black hills shooters supply. I'm going out there in a couple of weeks so i'll pick them up then.

"I have tried all of them and they all shoot where ever you want them to shoot... What is youre range of fire, 100yds,"... this is a 'bench' rifle, group shooter only
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Norma is softer than Lapua. I would load only Lapua if it was available. RWS would be another great choice.
  • Options
    joesjoes Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nosler shoots great for me! I shoot them in 22-250 and the difference between that and rem brass, winchester, and federal in the same gun is amazing. Nosler .25 in rem and winchester both are .75 and the federal is in the middle.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer Lapua-But thats me, Dedicated brass for mine.