In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Drop Charge??

akfanatikakfanatik Member Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
i reload a 7mm-08 and would like to use a drop charge to put powder in the cases, what kind of powder could i use and works well, H380??

Comments

• Options
    OdawgpOdawgp Member Posts: 5,380 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    YES!
    YES,Spherical powders like h380 work the best in a charge dropper.

I use h380 in 243 and 22-250 really speeds up the reloading process.
    If you don't have a small digital scale GET ONE. this make setting up the dropper alot faster and alot more accurate. once its setup. tighten those locking nuts down and check it every or every other drop for the first few to make sure you are there. and then every 10-12 for the first little bite and adjust from there if need.

I have noticed that if I allow the hopper to get low, that the charges will change slightly as much as .3-.5 grs. I have put a line on mine as to where the charge starts to change by +/-.2 grs and then add powder, then I drop the first on out of it back into the hopper, because the adding of powder seems to compress the one that is in the hole and it might be a little HOT!