In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I am having a hard time deciding...

B_McB_Mc Member Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
on what reloading kit to buy.

I am almost set on the Lyman Expert Deluxe Reloading Kit from Cabela's.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/purchase/products-found.jsp?_requestid=42614

I would really appreciate if someone would take the time and give me a detailed list of what else I will need that does not come with this kit.

I have been doing a little reading on reloading but still dont know alot about it.

Thanks

Brent

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the set does not include a manual - there is one illustrated but not listed - get one... or more. The ABCs of Handloading is usually recommended as an introduction. Do a LOT of reading.
    As said in the product description, you will need dies and shellholder for the caliber(s) you will load for.

You will also need components; powder, bullets, primers, and if you haven't been saving up from factory loads, brass. Do not order that stuff until you have read the books and can select the appropriate items.
  • Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CALIPERS, either dial or digital, 6" Stainless steel (avoid the plastic ones)
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Calipers, a load book-better to have 2 or 3, dies, and probably a thing or 2 you'll forget. Do lots of reading. I'll second the ABC's of reloading. I thought it did a better job of explaining signs of pressure better than anything else I read. I also read the Lyman 48th and Modern Reloading 2nd ed before I loaded a round. They are all similar but different ones have different details. Read up and ask more questions, that's the only way to learn by yourself.