In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ever try a foot shot

Comments

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually knew a guy who leaned his shotgun against his toe and "inadvertantly" pulled the trigger. Lost a good chunk of his big toe.
    Could happen to anyone. A year later he was showing a friend how he'd done it, and did it again. True story; 1960 something, S.E. Alaska.
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    A close bud, lost his heel, stepping over a fence with the 12g shotty in his hand , stepped over & BOOOOOOOOM..only the skin on the front held his foot on. Ok now , but still sore..ouch !![xx(]
  • Options
    silver salmonsilver salmon Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:0] once after too many Buds I tried to shoot a bottle cap off my big toe with a Ruger Single Six 22 mag....hopped around like a 250 pound toad until my equally drunk pal tried to drive me the hospital...we got pulled over for DUI and I then got an ambulance ride...my wife was really happy she then knew for sure I was stupid!!!!!
    True story
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Silver Salmon,
    One more reason why it's good to know what your handgun will do at extreme short range as well as 25 and 50 yards![:D][:D]
  • Options
    temblortemblor Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [B)]Ouch................I think I'll pass[:D]
  • Options
    owen219owen219 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited November -1
    A school buddy of mine when I was a kid shot his foot with a .410. He liked to put a penny on the ground and drive it in with his .410 except once there was a rock under the penny and the shot deflected into his foot. He tried to cover this up from his parents. He limped around for a very long time.

I hunt in New York with a friend that took a 44 Magnum through his ankle, foot and heel years ago. Lost his heal totally but you would never know it as he walks fine. His Ruger pistol went off in his holster when some brush caught and pulled the trigger back. This was one of the Rugers before the safety problem notice was sent out to prevent such. He said Ruger paid big for that one but did not say how much.
  • Options
    owen219owen219 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited November -1
    My best friend was shot and killed by his uncle hunting deer in Missouri. He went into the brush to flush out some deer and his uncle shot at them when they came out and shot him through the head with a 30.06. I was supposed to be on this hunt with him but could not get sway at the time. He left a wife and little girl.
  • Options
    flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I almost shot myself in the foot once with my gradfather's Stevens Favorite 22LR from the early 20's. It has seen some use and abuse. I wanted to shoot it a few times on their farm before it was sold after they died. I had gotten it not to long before they died but never had a chanve to play because I was at college. If you didn't pull the hammer back before you closed the breach, sometimes the hammer would fall when you cloased the breach and fire the round. I was unaware of that the first time I took it out. I put a round in, closed it up and bang. Didn't miss my foot by more than an inch or two. Really didn't want to have to limp back to the truck and drive home to tell my parents I shot myself in the foot. Now, I pull the hammer back before I load a round and close the breach. No problems that way.
  • Options
    dbain99dbain99 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a guy squirl hunting on some property near me and my brother so we drove over there to see how they did. One guy was resting his barrle on his boot[:0]. After talking for a moment (they were finished hunting for the day)I mentioned that he might not want to do that, He replied "it aint loaded" and attempts to prove his point . . . BOOM . . . he failed. And now is known as three toe Joe.
  • Options
    Bert2368Bert2368 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not so bright kid from my high school sat down in a pickup with a Ruger super blackhawk .44 holstered and cocked. Bullet traversed his thigh, then took out the truck's electronics so he couldn't drive to the hospital. He lived, but not happily. Darwin WILL get him yet-

Two days ago at the Minnesota Weapons Collector's show in Minneapolis, a cop stopped by to visit his friends- And shot himself in the foot with his holstered weapon righ out in front of the show. He's going to be OK, but his co-workers are not going to let him forget about it for a while.