In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

30-30 WIN HELP

j3081j3081 Member Posts: 332 ✭✭✭
HI GUYS,,,BEEN HERE,,,,HELPED ME MUCH,,,NEED ADVICE,I AM A T.C. FAN,,,I OWN 4 CONTENDERS,,,THE 30-30 IS THE ONE I NEED HELP WITH,,,I LOAD 125 GRAIN SIERRAS IN MY T.C.,,,HOWEVER I HAVE AN OLD WIN 94 THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SHOOT THE SAME BULLET FROM,ONLY 1 IN THE CHAMBER AND 1 IN THE MAGAZINE BUT THE SIERRAS COL IS TOO LONG FOR THE BULLET TO CHAMBER FROM THE MAGAZINE[:(]NOW WOULD IT BE SAFE TO TAKE THE COL OF THE SIERRA POINTED BULLET FROM 2.770 TO 2.520 THAT OF A FLAT NOSE BULLET JUST SO IT WOULD CYCLE IN MY 94.ALL ADVICE APPRECIATED,,,J3081

Comments

• Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if I did so,..I would very carefully work my way back up from a few grains less. Also, might want to inquire about the ability of a lever gun to hold pressures from other type rifles.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Be real careful the TC will take lots more stain that a lever gun will...
    You will raise pressures pushing the bullet farther into the case..
    If you want to shoot the same load just do it as a single shot to be on the safe side.....
  • Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What type of Sierra bullet are you shooting in the T/C? Make sure you use "flat nose" bullets in your Model 94....
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    rctsatrctsat Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try the 130 gr. hollow points I think from Sierra. I load these in my Savage 99 with Win 748 powder and they are extremely accurate and function in the rotary magazine just fine. I also load some 125gr Noslers but they are too long for the mag and I have to feed them single shot.