In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Finally, some great news!

nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
I just spoke with Kevin Thomas at Lapua USA. Here is what he wrote:

quote:May as well go ahead and drive a stake through the heart of this thread right now; Yes, we currently have 6.5 Creedmoor in to works. We discussed this one at length in Finland during a new products development meeting a few months back. Several of us were pushing this one rather hard, due to the tremendous feedback we'd taken on the cartridge, and the popularity that the cartridge has already earned. Not a big one in Europe, but the US market is a significant share of our business, and we most definitely do listen to customer input. The first set ups are currently being done, and the initial trial run and in-house testing will be done shortly after that. If all goes well, we'll move on with production and hopefully make the formal introduction of this one during the SHOT show in January.

Hang on guys, it's coming.

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA

AND:

quote:At present, unless we determine there to be any issues with this, we are looking at Small rifle Primers, with the 1.5mm/.060" flash hole, the same size we've used in the 308 Palma, 6mm BR, 6,5x47L and 220 Russian cases. There were several of us that pushed for this, so I'm hoping for the best.

The only drawback that I see is losing some of the world's most expensive brass during certain types of shoots. The potential of losing $100.00/competition is high when it comes to PRS and similar 'run & gun' competitions.

But I think the good outweighs the bad here and I'm happy that Lapua is making headway for the introduction at SHOT Show.

Best.

Comments

• Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any info of Forgemonkey's post about cases?

quote:Originally posted by forgemonkey
    Good post,,,,,,thanks,,,,,,
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is some side stepping going on. They're 'still looking into it'. I have a theory but I want an admission from them. I have a contact as a last resort but I hate to burn that bridge.

Best.