In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RCBS 2000 progressive press

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
I am considering getting one. I need to hear the good and bad about them. I have a single stage rcbs rock chucker and love it.

Comments

• Options
    reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    stick with the Rock Chucker[;)]
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lovingly create my handloads one at a time on my RCBS JR3. Admittedly it is sort of a PITA to load masses of .223 on it, but....quality over quantity for me.
  • Options
    JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about the 2000 but of the progressives I've seen, I think the Hornady Lock-N-Load is the best. I owned one for a while but I wasn't using it and sold it. Now I'm thinking about buying one again. I spent a large part of today loading 100 .45LCs on the RC. I know they are all perfect but could have done hundreds on the progressive.

I like the LnL because of the retainer spring design that helps hold the cases in place, the powder cop die, the case feeder and how that works and the best feature they have is the Lock-N-Load feature with the sleeves for the dies. Once the die is set in the sleeve and adjusted, it can be left in the sleeve. They drop in the top and you rotate the sleeve to lock the die down in place. It can already be set from the last time you used it. No adjusting. Rotate in reverse to pull it out.

The only way caliber changes could be any easier is having another press set up. There's a two part youtube video that's really good if you want to check it out.

Here it is. This guys got it set up real nice. He starts cranking them out in PT II. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSr1efcTf5s

The only issue some people have is the primer feeder sometimes snaps if it gets caught up by debris. If I get another one, I would probably have several of those on hand.