In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

lubrisizers

mrcazmrcaz Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
So I have decided to start casting my own, now which brand of sizer is a good one. I have read reviews on the lyman 4500, doesn't sound too reliable, what about rcbe, saeco? thanks

Comments

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you aren't going to be sizing more than a half-dozen diameters of bullets, the Lee system beats them all. You'll have to lube either by tumbling with LLA, hand-lubing or pan lubing, but for low to moderate quantities of bullets, those all work just fine.

I cast for 9mm Makarov, 38/357, 44, 45 and 30-caliber. I tumble lube all of them and load them as-cast. One 309" Lee sizer is the only one I own, and I use that primarily to install gas checks. No complaints about the accuracy I get from any of them.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the predecessor to the Lyman the Lachmiller, it has sized many hundreds of thousands of bullets with zero issues. I also just sold a Lyman that was extra, I used it a while with no issues.

Midway has the Lyman on sale too!
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    A Star or The new owner of rights to make the copy of the Star MAGMA you have a straight pass through die and if you put bullet in nose first and use bevel base bullets you don't get any lube on base of bullet. OH BTW did I mention you can size 100 bullets in the time it would take to size 10 bullets or less in any other design of LUBERSIZER
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    When I was casting, I used both the Lyman and Star sizer-lubers. There is NO beating the Star for ease and speed [;)]
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have the RCBS unit. No complaints of function, though changing the dies is a bit irritating- small threads on the lock ring get gummed up and the ring itself is a bit narrow.
  • Options
    mrcazmrcaz Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for all responses, where can I get the star equip? can't find then at usual places.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    There are always some on internet auction sites "sporting goods ,Hunting,reloading equipment, Star" as well as those being made by Magma Engineering.COM. new ones are not cheap and used ones go fairly high but then it is like buying HAY that has not already been through the horse. Once you have sized 100 bullets in two minutes with a star design you will throw all that "used Hay" designed ones in the trash.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Star is the cats * for sizing and lubing.
    I have 4 and they will only be sold by my children when I am dead.

CP