In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris offset ring installation..need help

bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
I can't find the paper that shows what offset to use for adjustments.

My scope is adjusted to max UP and I'm still hitting low. I put the +20 in the rear bottom and -20 in the rear top, leaving the fronts as zero. Will that bring impact down or do I have it bass-ackwards.

Comments

• Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you're hitting low, you want to adjust the scope DOWN, not up. Try that before adjusting the rings.
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    I take the bolt out and look through the barrel at a distant target. Then I center the cross hairs in the scope and put it in the rings with the offsets. And then just change then until I get the cross hairs on the same target that I can see through the barrel. Tighten everything and then go to the range for fine adjustments.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are correct with the +20 on the bottom. I had one scope mount that required that much offset both front and back but in the side to side direction. You can make a significant change using the offsets in both rings.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    back up, front down.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The +20 bottom rear and the -20 top rear did the trick, both fronts are zero-zero.

Last night I had returned the scope to optical center and installed the offsets. Today shooting at 100 yards my group was 3" high and 1" left. A few clicks later it was centered at the top of the black on a B-2 target.

I am now set up for Bambi out to 175 yards, as far as I will shoot with a scoped pistol.

The load is a 245 grain Keith style hard-cast bullet being pushed by 22.2 of 2400 and lit by a Federal Primer out of a 12" Encore barrel it carries a 2-1/2 by 7 EER Burris scope for optics.

The Burris Signature rings are the best in my book!
  • Options
    midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you fixed the problem. I must have misunderstood what you were saying in your opening post. Either way, I'm glad it's all better now. And I'll absolutely agree on the signature rings! I'll never buy any other kind again!