In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Robin Hooded another arrow tonight

HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
Well there is another $8.00 gone.[:D]
Of course I am practicing with broadheads, so it did more that bust the nock.[:(]
At this rate I will need new arrows after this season.

Another question. Has anyone tried out the new Quick Spin 2" vanes yet?
I am using the 4" Quick Spins and I am really happy with them. You lose some velocity after 20 yards, but the shots that I get from my bow stand are all less than 30 yards, so it doesn't bother me.

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know a few guys that tried the 2" QS vanes. They all went back to feathers for BH's. They did ok for target arrows, but wrinkled up just like the 4" do after being shot a lot. If you want a short vane I would suggest the Blazers. I will stick with my 2.3" Duravane 3-D for target use and the 4" feathers for hunting arrows.
  • Options
    HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    dsco - I haven't heard about the wrinkling. Is this caused by the Whisker Biscuit? I am shooting a drop away rest and have been shooting the same QS vanes for over a year. The only two arrows that have wrinkled vanes are one that I shot through a target and one that skimmed a tree (don't ask). Even the ones that I shot through deer last year look new.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I have been shooting the little blazer vanes for about a year now and the only problem that I have had is when i re fletch them they come off the vane. I think It is do to the fact that i blow through my target thought
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandgunHTR52
    dsco - I haven't heard about the wrinkling. Is this caused by the Whisker Biscuit? I am shooting a drop away rest and have been shooting the same QS vanes for over a year. The only two arrows that have wrinkled vanes are one that I shot through a target and one that skimmed a tree (don't ask). Even the ones that I shot through deer last year look new.

The guys I know that were shooting them are using a WB. You will be better off with a drop away.