In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

string slap kind of...

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I have this string slap kind of sound happening sometimes, well most all the time since I got my bow out today. Is this from string stretch(string is less than 1 year old) or something I am doing since it has been a little while since i have shot?? Is it me?? It just seems noisey to me. I have heard some talk about "string stretch" and others say "never heard of that". Sorry if this is a stupid question, But like I have said I am still learning, and as long as I learn thats what improves me and my shots. groups are ok(good kill shots) but not what they were. Probably me????????

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Im just talking off the top of my head right now I dont know if there is going to be any validity to what im going to say but here goes. My dealer for my bow told me to after the season if i wasnt going to shoot my bow for a few months to turn out my poundage screws a few turns to release pressure from the string and riser, maybe thats why your string is loose just a thought
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know my opinion on the "STRING STRETCH"! I think you just need to think where your arm is and make sure you have your elbow turned out! If that is not the problem then you need to pay close attn. to your cable gaurd, sleeve, shirt buttons, etc. It can be a # of things. I think you will be just fine and find it will be something simple.

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    String stretch is normal to a point. Just put your bow in a press g remove the string from one end of the cam give it 8 0r 9 full twist till its taught . Don't over twist. re-install your string let bow back-down. Note your nocking point has been changing as your string has been stretching that would account for marginal grouping. you most likely will have to re-adjust your nocking point but should notice a big difference, This is just my guess it has happened to me Gog may have some other ideas. Hope this was some help[:)]
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a thought. I shoot year round.I shoot in the rain and in the snow when its 100 outside or zero. I climb on my roof and shoot I sit on ground and shoot .I change angels and distance with almost every shot.I may only shoot 10 arrows in a session but I try to shoot every week year round .

MLMorgan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I shoot as often as possible, which with the twins has not been very often lately[V].

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ooopsss not sure why there was a double[;)].

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What? ya think double postin is going to get you more sympathy?[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Okie
    Just a thought. I shoot year round.I shoot in the rain and in the snow when its 100 outside or zero. I climb on my roof and shoot I sit on ground and shoot .I change angels and distance with almost every shot.I may only shoot 10 arrows in a session but I try to shoot every week year round .

MLMorgan
    Ml welcome to the forum. what do you think as such an expierenced shooter[?] where is the string slap comming from?[8)]